80|| Technical difficulties

Tyler woke up. (favourite sentence fr)

It has been some time since Tyler was last awake. The last time he was awake was at four in the morning. He and the other earth signs tiredly dragged their feet out of the hotel with their luggage and packed up the minivan they borrowed. Most of the group had to stop themselves from dozing off. If it weren't for Vivian, the group would be going home sooner than later. Thankfully, the group managed to have their rest except for Vivian who had energy from her long morning sleep.

Tyler observed his surroundings. Everything was blurry. Bright but blurry. He tiredly rubbed his eyes and observed again. Still blurry.

Where are his glasses?

"Ah Tyler, you're awake." A voice next to him spoke which Tyler recognised as Vincent's. Vincent held something gently towards Tyler. "Here, your glasses."

Tyler received the glasses Vincent held and squinted at them. He brought them closer and he recognised the design. Brown and round-framed. Yep, these are his glasses.

"I made sure that there are no scratches, water droplets or marks," Vincent spoke again. "You know how annoying that is."

Tyler nodded. Before getting glasses he would often hear Cameron complain about his own glasses. Every time there was a smudge, Cameron would get frustrated and look for the nearest suitable cloth to clean it. He would get more frustrated during rainy days which are not a common thing to experience.

Now that Tyler got glasses too, he could understand where Cameron was getting at. All it taught him is to be careful about his glasses and also to bring an umbrella everywhere he goes, just in case.

Tyler put his glasses on and looked around. Everything is a lot clearer now. He can see Cameron in the driver's seat while Vivian is snoring in the passenger's seat. He turned to his right and noticed Cleo with her wireless earphones listening to her music which he could hear. He turned behind him and noticed Tahlia in the far back seat of the van with the luggage, reading a book. He turned back to the front and looked right to find Vincent waiting for him. Behind Vincent were the countryside fields rolling by accompanied by the clear blue sky.

It appeared that Vincent was waiting for him to say something. Realising his manners, Tyler quickly thanked his housemate. "Thanks. For the glasses."

"And?"

"Taking care of them, I suppose."

Vincent nodded. "You're at most welcome. Oh, by the way..." He reached down towards a green bag at his feet and fished out an unopened orange packet. "Want to try these?" He shook the packet.

"What is that?" Tyler inquired.

"Just some spicy chips I found at the store." Vincent pulled open the packet. "Vivian and I tried it out while the rest of you were playing in the pool. Vivian doesn't like it but I do." He shook the packet in Tyler's direction. "What do you say?"

"I'll pass, thank you."

"I'll take some!" was Tahlia's voice from the backseat. Vincent reached the packet to Tahlia.

"I take some too, babe." Cameron, who was driving, held his hand out.

Vincent turned immediately. "Cameron." He narrowed his eyes. "Please don't call me that."

Cameron adjusted the rearview mirror to face Vincent. "Please don't call you what? Babe?" He smiled when Vincent covered his face. "It's cute!"

"No, it's not."

"It is!"

"It's embarrassing..."

"If it's embarrassing, then why do the couples I see online say that all the time."