87|| Slides Night 2

He was fifteen when he saw her for the first time.

She was fifteen when she heard rumours that he liked her.

She was fifteen when she got a note from him telling her how stunning she looked- the same note Sabrina read and scoffed at.

He was fifteen and she was fifteen when she received a rose on Valentine's Day- the first among her friend group who were proud of her.

He was sixteen when he, urged by his mates, asked her out. She was fifteen when she accepted but got a message from Sabrina warning her to be careful

He was sixteen, and she was fifteen when they rode the Ferris wheel at the fair, hands intertwined as they marvelled at the view of attractions and stalls under the pink and orange-hued sky.

He was sixteen, she was sixteen when he twirled her around and kissed her under the streetlight shielded by a shared umbrella from Wallowsberg's regular downpour.

He was sixteen, she was sixteen when he made a promise to not let her go and squeezed her hand as they maneuvered through and enjoyed the scents of Wallowsberg's botanical garden.

He was seventeen, she was sixteen when she noticed a change in the rift as he appeared more refined.

He was seventeen, she was sixteen when he told her it was either him or her friends that she should pay attention to.

He was seventeen, she was sixteen when she noticed him looking more distant as he had constantly avoided her questions.

He was seventeen, she was seventeen when she found out where he went on her birthday.

And now, he was seventeen, standing on her front porch line. And she was seventeen when she stopped his path.

"No?"

"No."

The wind harshly pushed past Joel as he stood in his blue raincoat under the pouring rain. "Baby, I apologised. Do you forgive me?"

"No."

"But- but why?" he spluttered, hands out. "I apologised, you can make this work! Just forget about what happened! It's only a silly mistake."

"A silly mistake. Since when was kissing someone else, a silly mistake?" Carol crossed her arms. The wind chimes, dangling from the porch's roof, chimed in agreement. "A silly mistake is not leaving behind someone who gave it all for someone you never met. And before you call it a silly mistake, I can guarantee you that it's not."

"Well you can blame the girl- she wanted it! She-"

Carol closed her eyes and exhaled through her nose. She tightened her lips. "Shut the f*** up." He was silenced immediately as he was a deer in the headlights. "I knew you were going to say that. Blaming someone else as well. You never take accountability do you?"

Joel stayed silent.

"You always pick someone else to blame. Me, that girl, the other girls you seem distracted by!" Carol narrowed her eyes. "And you wanna know something, Joel McCartney? Honesty and loyalty are important parts of this relationship. You have never been honest or loyal in this entire relationship we are in. Instead, you're a dirty, dishonest, lying rat!"

"Ba-baby?!" Joel gasped.

"Quit calling me that!" she yelled out. He silenced himself. She sighed.