Chapter 14 Toronto Salvation

Ned, Kiana and Rodney arrived at their destination - Toronto, Canada. Toronto was a huge metropolis, Something akin to New York or Los Angeles in the United States. It was home to not only many skyscrapers but also many people, approximately 3.4 million in fact. Within this city was small hubs of residential houses which also gave it a 'homely' feel to contrast its metropolitan vibe. It was a true symbol of Canadian Prowess, with a significant portion of canada's population living in the city or in the metro area surrounding it.

The city housed many financial centers, scientific hubs and cultural artifacts that of course it was a target for the angalian hordes of monsters.

The jet the three were in, landed in the city square. The aft door on the jet opened up and out came the three core agents.

"Woah...." Kiana said as she stepped off the jet. The city looked beautiful to her, the crisp buildings, the clean sky and the smooth roads almost overwhelmed her.
"Its beautiful." She commented.
"I know right? Its hard to believe that detroit is only 243 miles away from here." Ned quipped.
"When'd you get a sense of humor, ned?" Rodney said with a smile.
"The minute you got a better hairline." Ned quipped back.
"Ok. Haha." Rodney chuckled.

A couple of bystander in the city had noticed the jet coming down and went to confront it. The bystanders were a mix of young and old, poor and rich, desperately Looking for some salvation after the first wave of monster attacks.

"Hey! Its been some time! We need food, water and some more shelter!" A woman in the crowd said.
"Sorry, We're not with any aid organizations." Kiana said.
"Then who are you!?" Someone Yelled.
"We're with c.o.r.e we are here to deal with the monster problem." Kiana Replied.
"The 'Monster problem'" The woman quoted.
"Yeah, I know, Understatement." Kiana Sighed.

A man came forward, He was swaying back and forth, He obviously was drunk but nevertheless had the courage to say this:
"Eh, You hoagie, If you're not here to help than you need to blow off. Or i'll hit you with my 2 by 4." The man said while gesturing to a pack of beer he was holding.
"...." Ned was silent.
"What did he just say?" Ned asked.
"He's canadian. Ignore him." Rodney Replied.

"Look Everyone, We'll Call someone from c.o.r.e to airdrop some stuff on this location. For now, Let us do our jobs." Rodney said to the crowd.
All of the bystanders murmured Amongst themselves at rodney's promise. Meanwhile, He took the opportunity to discuss the mission among Kiana and Ned.

"Ok, All we need to do to accomplish our goals is to place the DWD's in these set locations And set them off." Rodney explained. He pulled up a holographic map on his device and showed it to Kiana and Ned.
"This Mission should be easy." Rodney Concluded."
"Aye. But its often the easiest Missions that are the hardest." Ned said.
"Going round the city like this.... It should Only take a day." Kiana stated.
"Right, Assuming everything Goes to plan." Rodney replied.

"Hmmm." Ned Hummed to himself.
"Whats wrong, Ned?"
"That woman.... over There." She stands out.
Rodney turned his attention in the direction ned was looking at,
He saw a woman, Probably in her mid 20s or Older wearing a dark black robe. She had pitch black hair and dark blue eyes. Her face was surprising pale like she hadn't seen a day of sunshine in her life.

"Yeah, you're right. She does look a little sus-"

*BOOM*-But before Rodney could act, an explosion came from above... Seemingly a portal from another world was opened and a new swarm of monsters came through it. This was their new salvation.