Chapter 1 Trial by ire

High Royal Angalian Court

The Wind blew in the courtroom as amy and rabia stood trial. They were both in chains that wrapped tightly around their arms and legs, restricting their movement. The two stood behind a court desk, looking directly at a judge, who was not sympathetic to their plight. A large crowd had gathered in the gallery to watch their fate, making all the more nervous.

"You interlopers are being charged with interdimensional trespassing." The judge yelled.

"How do you plead?" He asked.

A while ago, they were teleported into this mystical land. They explored it for a bit before being captured by cannibalistic elves, then seeing said elves killed by knights and being captured by said knights. These knights and their kingdom - angalia weren't too keen on these 'interlopers' and charged them with a crime.

"Not guilty." Their lawyer replied. The lawyer was a short man with brown glasses. He wore some armor and a patch of the angalian symbol on his arm. He was clearly just a stooge for the court and Amy and Rabia had no faith in him.
"Ugh. Really?" The judge rolled his eyes and looked at him.
"Look, we told you, one minute we were in the city, the next we were in this weird place!" Amy exclaimed!
"*Ahem* you will only speak when spoken to, defendant." The judge said.

"Moving on, Can the prosecution please call their first witness?" The judge ordered.
"Yes, your honor." The prosecution replied.
"Witness, please step forward." The prosecutor ordered.

The witness who came to the stand was a woman, Tall,blonde and large bosomed, she presented herself in a lustrous way, clearly meant to sway both the judge and the gallery watching. She was wearing armor which probably meant she was a knight of some kind.
"Now please testify as to the defendant's guilt!" The judge ordered.
"Yes sir." The witness responded.
"We captured the defendants in the headhunters forest, outside of angalia. just by their clothing we could tell they were interlopers and-" The witness began her testimony by scrutinizing both Amy and Rabia much to their annoyance. Rabia turned to Amy while the witness rattled on.
"Amy, can't you shrink out of these chains?" Rabia Whispered.
"Whatever these chains are, they're restricting my powers. I can't do anything." Amy explained.
"Damn. They took my wings too, so we really are sitting ducks...." Rabia relented.

"This whole situation is so insane... I still can't believe we got transported to another dimension." Rabia lamented.
"Yup., Being prosecuted in an otherworldly fantasy definitely wasn't on my palate this week." Amy rolled her eyes.
"I still wonder why exactly this even happened? How could we even get here? One minute we were fighting knights in the city, which is already weird enough, then we were here!" Rabia exclaimed.
"I think it's especially strange we're in angalia of all places... Corgan's homeland." Amy said.

"Though I suppose we can worry about this when we don't have our heads on the chopping block." Amy sighed.

The two of them turned back to the farce of the trial that was going on. The witness on the stand was comparing amy and rabia's persona's to those of native angalians. The testimony made no sense and yet the judge and the gallery were buying it.

"-And thus we can conclude that the defendants are almost certainly interlopers!"
"Welp, I've heard enough. I'm ready to deliver my verdict." The judge said.
"W-Wait don't we get a chance to cross examine? Or get to call our own witnesses?" Amy yelled.
"Nope." The judge replied.
"You two and hereby pronounced GUILTY by this court. You will be executed immediately!" The judge shouted at them.

"Wait! No!" "Ah!"The two were taken away by two burly guards. They kicked and screamed though to no avail. Their destiny had just been decided by the bang of a gavel. It was indeed an injustice but perhaps it was just a consequence of a vengeful god.