Chapter 3 Dark Transport

The Wind blew harshly outside in the capital of angalia. Today was a special day. 3 criminals were being executed. Their names were Tessa Amberite, Megumi Daimyo and todo. Tessa was a witch-like magi who made a living as a fortune teller. Megumi was an exiled former samurai who traveled the world and Todo was a native angalian who was a sentient beast of sorts.

All three were bound chained at their arms and now we're being walked through the cityy streets of angalia's capital like slaves.
Just like Amy and rabia They were also tried and convicted of being 'interlopers.' and were set to be executed.

"' 'Go to Italy' they say. It'll be FUN, they said..." Megumi muttered to herself. She had been in Italy before being transported to this mystical realm.
" Methinks you are a bit salty, megumi." Tessa sighed.
"I'm not salty...." She said.
"Being this way, won't get us out of these chains you know." Tessa replied.
" I know. I know." Megumi.

"Do you think we can get out of these chains?" Tessa asked.
"There's usually a weak point in the middle of the chain, we might be able to break it." Megumi explained.
"How would you know?" Tessa replied.
"Well it's not the first time I've been in chains..." Megumi joked.
"Seriously." Tessa rolled her eyes.
"Sorry. Just trying to lighten things up with some humor." Megumi put her head down.

"Anyway, Watch and learn!" Megumi bragged.
Megumi put both of her arms in front of her torso and began to breathe in and out... She began chanting in Japanese as she concentrated. She then lifted her arm up and slammed it down on the middle of the chairs!

"YOWCH!" She screamed as her effort didn't succeed with fist bouncing off the metal like a ball. Megumi's fist turned red with pain while she screeched in anguish.

"Well that failed." Tessa rolled her eyes.
"Quiet! Can't you use your 'woo-woo' magic to get us out of these things?" Megumi screeched at her, frustrated.
"No. These chains seem to be restricting my powers!" Tessa replied.
"Ugh. Just our luck." Megumi bemoaned.
"That's enough chatter from you three be quiet or be punished!" One of the guards yelled back at them. The three of them continued to walk this sultry city, passing many medieval style buildings which loomed over. They passed many crowds of people who curiously stared and whispered amongst themselves as they passed by. It reminded me of how much they were strangers in this strange land.

"You've been awfully quiet back there, todo." Tessa whispered.
"The situation ye two have gotten me in has completely questioned my life decisions." Todo moaned.
"Hey! You're the one who got us into this mess! If you hadn't confronted us about the amulet then we wouldn't be in this rut!" Megumi muttered!
"Well maybe if you interlopers hadn't come here in the first place-"
"GUYS! playing the blame game won't help us at this point. We need to focus on getting out of here!" Tessa exclaimed.
"Yeah. You're right." Megumi sighed.
"Sorry." Todo apologized.

"No need to apologize todo! We're all a bit of edge right but I think with a bit of luck we can escape-"

"You three be quiet back there! We're approaching your final sight of rest." The guard transporting them warned.
"Ah....!"

In the distance the three of them could see a guillotine perched on stage in the middle of a town square. A huge crowd had gathered to presumably see their execution and were booing and chanting at them "off with their heads!". Tessa and Megumi both gulped as they approached this destiny of death with megumi saying:

"I hope you have a plan tessa...."