Chapter 2 A Reunion

Important announcement - Author's note

From now on Keana Taylor will now be renamed to Kiana Taylor. Many readers complained about the similarity between her and keagan's name so I changed it at their behest. Thank you for understanding.

----

C.O.R.E Headquarters - Southern Mexico

Keagan was certainly in a bind after his misadventures in London. The city had been attacked by both knights and demons simultaneously leading to mass casualties not only in London but also the world.
He now lay in an undercover deep underground, where He agreed to help a secretive organization hellbent on fighting threats like these. He was currently following a group of C.O.R.E agents throughout this secret base which served as their headquarters. One of these agents was his late dad's friend - Kiana Taylor.

"Kiana... Thanks for rescuing me and Lisa...." Keagan thanked.
"No problem. I just consider prepaid dues after how many times your father has rescued me." Kiana replied.
"Yeah dad always had a bit of a hero complex, Much to his detriment." Keagan whispered that part.
"Aye. I still wish He was here today. I still remember his last moments." Kiana sadly said.

" I'm sorry. I forgot you were there when he died." Keagan apologized.
"It's alright." Kiana replied.

"Ah, We're approaching the main command room." Kiana pointed ahead.
"Got any questions before we go in?" Kiana said to him.
"Yeah... Where's lisa?" Keagan asked.
"We're treating her wounds at the medical bay. She's injured but going to recover quickly." Kiana responded.
"Good... Good." Keagan sighed.
"I can tell you are very close to her." Kiana observed.
" You don't know the half of it." Keagan smiled.
"Heh." Kiana continued forward and pressed her hand against a handprint scanner next to the door.
"Handprint Recognized. Welcome Agent Taylor." A robotic voice said. The door then lit up with blue lights and began to slowly open, revealing a new room for keagan to explore.

"Woah." Keagan stepped through the doorframe to see something akin to a sci-fi motive. The whole was covered in shiny blue metal that gave a futuristic look. Giant computers lay on each side of this room with dozens of staff attending to control panels and keyboards, doing some kind of work. A giant holographic map of the world was placed in the middle of the room, which displayed every corner of the world and what news was coming from there.
Finally there was a large circular table in the middle of the room where the top C.O.R.E brass were standing. They eagerly awaited Keagan and his directive.

"Ah Hello. Mr.Chitose." A man said.
"Commander Barry Ray. Just call me Commander Ray for short." He exclaimed.
"Hello commander ray. I must thank you and your men for saving me,Lisa and the people of london. We would've toast without you. " Keagan commended.
"Ah No, don't thank me. We were all just doing our job." He blushed.

"Hmph. You still look like your father." A voice called out to him.
Keagan looked across to see a familiar face - His father's best friend - Rodney Geraldo. Rodney was a serious but hardy man, one with deep convictions about his moral stance. He was tall and muscular with several ripped abs and veiny arms. He had dark skin and a soft beard, which exemplified his manliness. Finally, He Wore a blue armored suit with various gadgets on it, which could be used in any number of situations.

"Its nice to see you again Mr. Rodney." Keagan said with gleaming eyes.
"You don't have to call me 'Mister' anymore. You're an adult. Call me rodney." He chuckled.
"Alright. Rodney." Keagan smiled back.
"Heh. You're all grown up kid." Rodney replied. Keagan merely nodded as he and rodney bonded.

"If you two are done, i'd like to get on with the debriefing." Ray said.

Keagan nodded and stepped up to the table, where he was to be debriefed.

"As you all know they're have been major attacks on countries around the world by... erm,fantastical creatures." Commander Ray said while displaying photos on the screen.
"We believe these creatures are from angalia, a dimension separate from our own, ruled by a king named odmir." He explained.
"We believe he's the one who sent these monsters! Why, though? we couldn't figure it out." He continued.

"Either way, we must put an end to these attacks." Ray said.
"The governments of the world have agreed to a unified front against these beasts and have agreed to follow our lead."
"Unfortunately, As crazy as this event is, we do have a precedent. I don't think I need to remind anyone of the angelic attack a few months ago." He exclaimed in a somber voice. Everyone merely nodded as they recalled that terrible experience.

"-And just like with that incursion, we believe a concentrated strike force at this threat will be the best approach." He explained.
"Huh." Keagan mumbled to himself.
"Does anyone have any objections or questions?" He asked. No one said anything.
"Good. We'll discuss the specifics of this plan later.

The debriefing was over and everyone was dismissed from the table. While the debriefing was short and sweet, it was also concise and outlined exactly what was to be done about these interdimensional invaders. Keagan, now in line with c.o.r.e was now committed to the cause as his dad's confidants - Kiana and Rodney were.