chapter 12 A Bout of Loyalty and Adventures

The sound of the jet plane whizzing through the sky was the only thing that keagan, Lisa and Arkane heard as they flew to london. The three had made small talk, but they had now gone quiet with the onset of boredom.

“Keagan! Are you dozing off again!” Lisa said, puffing her cheeks.
“ Hmm? No….” Keagan answered with lucid eyes.
“Heh. I can hear the grogginess in your words.” Arkane smirked.
“ Ugh. How many more hours until we reach london?” keagan asked.

“ Probably like an hour and a half, give or take.” arkane responded.
“Ugh….” Keagan sighed.
“No more ‘ughing’. Why don't we talk about some things?” Arkane suggested.
“Like what?” Keagan responded.
“How about your father? He's Captain Miracle, right?” Arkane said.
“Yeah…. I guess you knew that from rodney and c.o.r.e, right?” Keagan guessed.
“Yup! We at c.o.r.e know everything.” He winked.
“You were his sidekick right, Lisa?”
“Yes sir! I'm proud to be it.” Lisa replied.

“What was that like for both of you?” Arkane asked with lucid eyes. He was genuinely curious about his friends and their relationship with captain miracle.
“Haa….. I have such good memories with him.”
“At first, He didn’t want me to be his sidekick.”
“He used to call me ‘annoying’ ‘dangerous’ and ‘The dumbest girl east side of america’” lisa described.
“It was only after I proved myself to him that he allowed me to kick some butt with him.” Lisa pounded her fists together in a sly motion.
“ He was such a cool guy! He would stand up for the little guy whenever it was needed.” She reminsced.
“ You know, a part of the reason why I wanted to be his sidekick was because he took on mob bosses. At a time when no one else would.” She said with pride in her eyes.
“Me and my father were once extorted by them and seeing him take them on, Really made me admire him.” She continued.
“When I fell into a coma. He was there every single day by my side, the doctors told me. He truly was… my hero.” Lisa exclaimed with starry eyes.

“So what was it like being his sidekick? It was a bout of loyalty and adventures.” She said with starry eyes.
“From beating up monsters to taking down mafia bosses, We were truly an ultimate duo.” She finished.

“...  Hmm. What about you, keagan?” Arkane asked.
“When I look back at dad, all I can think of is all the clues that he was a superhero. And that makes me mad.” Keagan spouted.
“ One time, when I was 12,  I was trying to take out the trash and I was struggling. Dad came outside, grabbed the trash bag and chucked it, and it went like the whole length of a football field. We laughed, but in hindsight, that was probably my biggest clue he wasn’t a normal guy.” A slight smirk came off of keagan’s face.
“What pissed me off the most was Just him, Making up excuses and missing me and elise’s most precious moments. I know in hindsight he was a superhero, but still! None of my accomplishments felt good without him in it.” Keagan looked up at the ceiling for a second.

“-And mom too. She felt that he was constantly away, distant like he didn’t want to be with her. I get why he couldn’t tell us, but surely he could’ve told her? Make her understand.” He said.
“I’ve got mixed feelings. On the one other hand, I can’t hate him for saving lives and stopping villains. On the other hand, he did it at the expense of us.” Keagan stated.
He once again looked at the ceiling, this time longer, as if he expected something to happen or as if he was longing for something…

“Ah. It seems like a tale of two. You loved it, lisa, while you were lukewarm to it keagan.” Arkane observed.
Keagan and Lisa looked at each other, Recognizing arkane’s point, their faces were a mix of emotions, from compassion to fear, solidarity to disharmony. It exacerbated their earlier conversation about their complicated feelings, each other, which was mirrored in their feelings about keagan’s dad.
“Oh, I wasn’t trying to say one experience was more valid than the other. Just an observation.” Arkane corrected.
“We know…. Arkane. We know.”Keagan said.
“....I-” Lisa stuttered as if she was going to say something, but she stopped herself. She couldn’t

It was once again silent as the conversation arkane had hope to start to break the ice seemed to create more ice. It was an ice that formed in the hearts of Keagan and Lisa. An ice that was flying high over 40,000 feet in the air and would not break even when they came back to the ground. Would this ice melt? Only in the future could Keagan and lisa find out.