Chapter 27: Moonlit Night

Start from the beginning

Taehyung exits the car and opens the passenger door to let me out. As soon as I step out, I am mesmerized by the unfolding view. The well-trodden paths taking you below the hills, the scent of the pine needles, the moss-covered rocks, this sight is a silent promise to all who discover it: peace.

"Wow, it's beautiful," I say.

"I know."

"How did you find this place?"

He holds my hand, and we make our way towards the summit. I can see the city from here; its cobblestone streets and half-timbered houses softened by night. We sit next to a moss-covered rock, and I feel the breeze--it carries tales from distant lands. But it's the moon that steals my breath. It is so beautiful and pearly against the velvet sky. This has to be the best place I've ever visited yet.

"Do you come here often?" I ask.

"Yes, I find peace here." He replies.

"You've found a piece of heaven on Earth, Taehyung. This place is amazing."

"You like it here?"

"Yes, absolutely. By the way, you didn't reply about how you found this place."

"I don't know. Maybe the place wanted me to find itself."

What? "That's so cheezy."

He smiles, meeting my eyes, again a sight to behold along with this enchanting place.

"Do you see that?" Taehyung asks.

"What?"

"The stars. You like them, right?"

I tilt my head to look at the stars above. The stars are so beautiful, casting their silver glow upon the hill. But you know what's more beautiful? Taehyung remembers that I love stars. Why are you doing this to me, Taehyung? At first, it was simple: that night, he found me-- that chanced encounter, that shared laugh. His eyes held galaxies, and I wondered if he saw the same in mine. I recall every aspect of that night, from how he became irritated because I was hurt to how he lingered near my lips. The night he said he would not let me go. The night he claimed he questioned the stars about me. The night he said he liked talking to me. I remember every encounter. But does he? 

"Taehyung, why did you bring me here?"

"I thought you would like the place."

Should I ask him? Should I tell him how confused he makes me? Yes, I need to get it out before my head explodes. I can do it.
"No, I meant it's just very confusing. I can't understand you. You said you want to date me, but I am not sure. Do you? Why do you want to date me?"

Taehyung meets my eyes and looks at me intensely. "Are you angry?"

"For what?" I ask.

"For bringing you here forcefully?"

"Have you ever tried anything without force?"

As soon as the sentence leaves my mouth, he looks away. He looks embarrassed, and I have no idea why I said that. But it's not a lie; maybe it was something at the back of my mind, and that's not surprising considering the circumstances that have happened to date.

I tried changing the topic by replying to what he asked. "I am not angry. I wasn't enjoying it there that much. He was being too good."

"What's wrong in being good?" He replies, normally. 

"It's just that after staying with you for a while, maybe I am used to being rude. Being good is a bit foreign to me."

"Well, was that a compliment?" He raises a brow at me.