Chapter 23: Long Time No See?

Taehyung POV

"Are you going to tell me, or do you want me to die by guessing?"  Jimin sits beside me on the couch, his interrogative eyes prodding me.

"What?"

"I should be asking this to you, my friend. What?"

"What, what?" I give him a calm look.

"What's the deal with you and Y/n?" He asks once more, his voice a little more steady than before.

"As I've already said, we were just conversing on some stuff." I get up from the couch and walk to the kitchen. Need a dose of caffeine to handle this chick here.

"My dear friend, could you perhaps enlighten me with the kinds of stuff you were conversing about while keeping the girl on your dick?" Jimin follows me into the kitchen and comes to a halt beside me, leaning on the counter, one of his hands calmly resting there.

"Why; are you still interested in her?"

"Looks like you are the one interested in her." He strikes back in a sarcastic tone.

"Jimin, there is nothing of that sort. It's just fun teasing her, that's it." I offer him a confident grin and begin brewing my coffee.

"Ohh? Then could you kindly explain what happened that night at the cliff?"

"I think it's just basic human ethics to save people from danger, don't you think?"

"I see." He moves his head assuringly, drawing my attention to him. That's it? I was worried he'd give me a migraine with his questioning, but it's a good thing he didn't. I take a drink of coffee and stare at Jimin, who is still jerking his head for reasons I don't understand.

"Stop that, Jimin."

"What?" He asks innocently.

"Stop moving your head like that; it will fall off." I make my way to the couch, scrolling through my phone.

"I was just thinking, in which category of human ethics does a kiss fall?" Jimin asks, and I stop for a moment before turning back to face him.

"I was right there on the cliff when you kissed her. How are you going to defend it?" He glances at me again, his interrogative eyes making me gulp the coffee down my throat.

"I'm not defending anything," I turn to walk closer to the couch, avoiding his sight.

Too bad it wasn't an option with Y/n. Y/n was never an option. The moment I saw her lost in all that darkness and checked for myself that she was okay. I experienced all the things I had believed I had managed to repress over the years. Joy. Gratitude. Care. Hope. Love. Want. And all I could think about was kissing her because that's what emotions do to you. They compel you to act in ways that will intensify your feelings in every way. And I wanted to feel every bit of her, so I did.

"Taehyung, I know the women you have met up to this point haven't been all that great. But everyone is not the same." Jimin sits beside me again while speaking, and I keep quiet. "Embrace it, my friend. For once, pay attention to your heart."

"Where is all this coming from, Jimin?"

"This is coming from a very long time. Nothing has escaped my eyes, okay? I've seen everything. Your concerns, possessiveness, everything."

"I don't know, man." I frown, not really sure what to say. Maybe I'm worse because I'm still unsure whether whatever I'm feeling is genuine or just a serotonin boost from a brat who opposes everything I say with that innocent look of hers.

"Then you better know. Because if you don't, someone else will get your girl beneath your nose while you stay with your enormous knowledge of human ethics." He raises his voice to a loud pitch, causing my coffee mug to wobble slightly while I try to give him an unbothered expression.