Chapter 20: You are not going anywhere

Taehyung POV

A sudden, searing ache in my head jolts me, and I feel someone shaking me, asking me to wake up.

The first thing I realize is I still have a slight hangover. Next, I realize that Jimin is attempting to wake me up. And then I realize this weird knot in my chest. Jimin's conversations come to me in pieces, and I can't get over the fact that my roommate is going on a date with another. I am aware that whatever she does is out of my concern. I used to hate her.

This is not how it was intended to be. I was supposed to win, force her out of my apartment, and then go on with my life. Yet here she is, stirring things in my heart that feels so wrong to feel. I no longer have the control I once thought I did. I no longer have the control to not give a fuck about anything. Because I do give a fuck about her. I do care for her. She fucking destroyed me, and maybe that's what I hate most.

I move slowly in my position and open my eyes to an anxious Jimin. He is stressed.

"Taehyung-ah! Please wake up. What should I do?" Jimin panics, shaking me hard this time.

"What happened?" I groan.

"Y/n got lost in the forest," Jimin continues, "She called me a while ago, and something happened. I can't get her phone anymore."

An uneasy sensation starts to creep up my spine eerily. I am completely frozen as my eyes move to Jimin, wide awake. "What did you say?"

"She... We need to find her, Taehyung. Hurry up."

I quickly yank myself from the sheets and grab the jacket resting on the ground. As I exit, I see that everyone is already gathered there, talking about something.

"I don't understand when I clearly mentioned to everyone not to go anywhere alone; why the hell did she go to the forest?" Namjoon Hyung says, frustrated.

"She might have had her reasons," Jin Hyung adds.

"Reasons or no, it is fucking impossible to find her in the forest. Do you guys have any idea how big this area is?" Namjoon Hyung continues. My eyes automatically glance at his. Between reality and logical deductions, there is something called humanity. And this person over here doesn't appear to be dealing with it.

I don't think engaging in their conversation will lead to anything. I move straight towards Sunmi. She looks at me with her wet eyes, biting her lower lips. Looks like she is guilty of something.

"Didn't she go to sleep with you?" I ask. She avoids looking at me and continues to gaze at the ground.

"Speak," I order.

"She was sleeping with me. Then I... don't know where... she went." She speaks, stuttering a bit.

My eyes sharpened on her. She and Y/n becoming friends is not something I particularly favor. They just don't go together. And how she avoids my gaze and stutters makes me question whether she is involved in the situation.

"Why are you stuttering?" I jerk my chin.

She looks at me instantly, and I see fear in her eyes. "I... I'm feeling bad. She was with me. I should have been more careful."

For a moment, I consider her statement. But then I have known her since childhood. She is not someone who stutters if she is confident. I can smell her lie. However, I also know exaggerating this conversation with her will only lead to headaches. So I let her be. I better find Y/n first.

At that very instant, Y/n's smiling face comes floating into my mind, and the knot in my chest intensifies. No, I can't let anything happen to her.

"Her phone is switched off. Can't even locate it." Jimin grunts on the other side, and I move toward him to join the conversation.