Chapter 26: Date me!

Taehyung POV

"Tae, think about Y/n; if Kai's doing all this to get revenge on you. Then Y/n is just a pawn. She doesn't even know the whole story. That girl's life would be ruined for nothing." Jimin walks by my room, ranting and scolding.

"She is an adult. Mature enough to make her own decisions." I sit on my bed, squishing a sponge ball with my palm, unsure what to do. Let's be honest: I've never been so reckless. The thought of Y/n with Kai irritates me.  

"Tae, don't be stubborn." I don't miss the way Jimin's shoulder shrugs at my response.

"You know what she said? She said her love life is none of my business."

"You guys were fighting, and it takes no rocket science to guess that you might have accused her of things she didn't even know about." Did I?

"Did she not know that Kai is the one Sunmi talked to her about? Did she not see his picture?"

"Did you tell her about your feelings?" Jimin snaps back at me. His eyes gleam with fury. Well, he is pissed off too.

"This is not about me or my feelings, Jimin." I'm in a constant fucking state of denying myself that Y/n is not someone I'm tempted to.

"It is. How can you expect her to reciprocate your feelings if you haven't expressed them?" Well?

"I am fucking confused. I don't know what to say." I toss the ball against the wall and collapse into the bed, staring at the ceiling. Feelings are immensely complicated. I know what I should be doing now, but I keep making reasons not to do it that way.

"Exactly, Tae. She might be confused as well. You guys need to communicate."

He is right. 

Jimin sighs and leans back on the bed beside me. "It's just a date, Taehyung. You still have a chance. We both know Kai can easily get inside someone's head." Yes, I know.

"Are you really going to let her go, buddy?" Jimin looks at me.

"I don't know."

"You don't know? Are you serious, man?"

"Now, what am I supposed to do? Just barge in between them?" 

Jimin immediately sits up straight and beams at me.

"What?" I ask. Looking at his face, he seemed to have a plan, which would make me very uncomfortable, but Jimin, being Jimin, would undoubtedly force me to do it.

 "I have a plan."

There it goes!

_________________

(At the restaurant)

"What are you doing here?" Y/n looks at me with her glaring tiny eyes.

"Why am I not supposed to be here?"

"Of course not. Why are you following me?" She asks. 

I knew it. Jimin Fucking Bastard! How am I supposed to answer this question?

Flashback

"What's the plan?"

"It's pretty simple, just as you said. We barge in between them."

"Are you serious? Barge between them so Kai can mock me and laugh the hell out of me? He's looking for a chance, Jimin."

"I know, Tae. But no one will mock you if Kai's not there."