Chapter 10: Shortcake

Hai friends! I gotta little off track with updating my Darkest of Souls book (Please check it out! ^-^) so I'll update this book next week as well! Lucky you.

(Ciel's P.O.V)

"It tastes like shit! Do it again!" I snapped, throwing the fifth strawberry shortcake of the day into my butler's face. I smirked slightly as he flinched, small glass shards of the plate being impaled into his skin.

"L-Like I have said many times, my Lord," Sebastian stuttered, eyes focused on the ground. "I-I cannot find the necessary ingredients to make a proper strawberry shortcake here in hell."

I scowled. "Such an incompetent demon," I spat, standing from my chair. "Go to Earth and find me the necessary ingredients to make a proper strawberry shortcake here in hell."

Normally, I wouldn't have gone to such extremes for a mere shortcake, but after the stunt Sebastian pulled with my parents, I wanted to make him suffer more than ever. "Y-Yes, my Lord," he said, bowing lowly before quickly leaving.

I smirked at his cowardice. Being a demon is fun. I can finally pay Sebastian back for all those miserable years of sarcasm and attitude. Who's the real King now?

(Sebastian's P.O.V)

I appeared near out previous manor on Earth, sighing sadly at the memory. I longed for the times when Ciel and I would smile and cuddle and kiss...

Tears welled in my eyes as I lowered my gaze. But those memories are gone now. Sighing softly, I made my way into town. Why is it always the damned strawberry shortcake?! Why?! Maybe its because that was his favourite dish as a human. His demon side must've carried it on.

Looking around at the fruit market, I began to scan the various items set on display. Strawberries, strawberries...strawberries! Smiling slightly, I approached the vendor and took my necessary fruit for the shortcake.

Paying, I was on my way, travelling to different vendors for various ingredients to make the perfect shortcake for my lov-- Master.

After finding all my ingredients, I eyed the Undertaker's shop and bit my lip. Next time...Teleporting back to the manor, I walked to the kitchen and hurriedly cooked the shortcake.

I frosted it beautifully after the cake had cooled. Rushing into Ciel's study, I presented my masterpiece shyly.

I stared at him as he chewed, feeling nervous. What if he doesn't like it? Yet surprisingly, he ate it all. "Acceptable," he murmured. I couldn't help but smile brightly and as I took the plate and bowed. "Thank you, Master!" I smiled, running out before he could throw something at me. Success.