Chapter 73- What Was the Plan?

Start from the beginning

Rick's voice comes from the walkie-talkie, "Glenn, you there yet?

Glenn picks up the walkie-talkie, "Almost. We'll have it handled before they get here. And we'll meet you at yellow." 

 "Copy that." The walkie-talkie then shuts off and Glenn sets it down. 

I lean the seat all the way back, practically crushing Nicholas. "Hey! I'm behind you!" He squeals as my seat crushes his legs. 

"Whoops," I say, flatly. "Damn. Anyway," I reposition to where I'm more comfortable and I look at Heath. "Did you find any Sour Cream and Onion Pringles on your run?" 

He looks at me confusedly, "What?" 

"Did you...find...any...Sour...Cream...and Onion...Pringles?" 

"Uh..." Heath looks around as if asking for a response. "I think so." 

"Sick." I smirk, looking away from Heath. 

"We're here." Glenn says, parking the car outside of the tractor shop. 

I sit my seat up so Nicholas can get out and I climb out, checking to make sure my gun is loaded. 

"Glenn, you have to hurry. The noise could distract them right off the road. Talk to me." Rick's voice comes on the walkie-talkie again as we're running to the store. 

"We're here." Glenn says. 

We round a few tractors and run up to the windows. There are tens of Walkers inside, slamming on the windows, growling, making as much noise as possible. 

"Sounds like a lot." Nicholas queries. 

"No, really?" I sass, Nicholas just looks at me but chooses the better idea of not saying anything. 

 "We need it quiet." Glenn says. 

"So what's the plan?" Heath asks. 

"Do it slowly." I decide. 

Glenn nods, "Yeah. We take 'em out a few at a time." He picks up his backpack and begins walking to the front door. 

Glenn tries it but quickly finds out that it's locked. He backs up, "Nicholas you're at the door." 

"Alright." Nicholas complies, standing next to the door with his hand on the handle. 

Glenn backs up and stands next to me and Heath. 

"You let one or two out and then you close it. You keep doing that. That's the truck. That's how we control it. Heath-" 

"Wait. what if he can't close it?" Heath interrupts Glenn.

"I'll be able to." Nicholas assures Heath. 

"Then we take them on-" Glenn tries to continue. 

"Take them on?" Heath's words are exasperated like we just said he was the distraction.

"Yes. If that doesn't work you'll be the bait if you don't shut the fuck up." I grunt through gritted teeth. 

"Adrian." Glenn warns. "If we get into trouble, we go behind the building into the woods and we draw them away." 

"Hey," Nicholas says from the door. "You've been out on runs since they got here. They're both smart, he knows what he's doing. Me and Aiden, we didn't." 

"Wow! You're finally coming to your senses. Well whoop-di-do!" 

"Adrian!" Glenn pleads. 

"Sorry!"