Chapter 68: Battle of New Mombasa

Почніть із самого початку

Cali: Listen up ladies! We got word that Metropolis space elevators is being under attack. There is civilians there along with Metropolis police force. Let's give them a hand.

And so they gather everything they needed and make their journey to the Space elevator as soon as possible.

(Battle music stop)
(Later)

We see them walking through the streets as they keep their guard up for any Covenant forces that might try to ambush them as they continue walking. Y/n was first of thr group as Y/n keeps an eye on his Hud for anything when suddenly his helmet started to glitch out which surprised him.

Y/n: Is everything okay Watcher?

Watcher: Can I tell you something?

Y/n: Sure.

Watcher: I feel something........odd about this place.

Y/n: Why? It's just a normal city.

Watcher: I know but.......I feel like there is something here......something........

Y/n: Something what?

Watcher: Never mind, I'll listen in to any radio chatter.

Y/n was a bit concerned but leaves him to it while Rimington came up to him.

Rimington: What happened to your old armor?

Y/n: Long story. Since when you and Cali got promoted?

Rimington: That's a long story. You know when We heard Reach Fell we were afraid that you died but seeing you here and alive gives us a sigh of relief. What about the others?

Y/n: They too are alive. I'll tell you two about what we did but for now.....we got some civilians to sa-

Suddenly there was a massive thud that shake the ground. And then another and then another.

Watcher: I'm detected something large coming this way. Best we hide.

Y/n node so everyone begins to hide behind cars or anything they can hide and soon waits. Seconds later the building ahead of them on their right exploded and coming into was a large machine like spider that looks like a Scarap but has a small cannon on top near the head as well as a head that doesn't look like a creature but rather has a singal beam.

The Scarab looks around and lucky they were not spotted as the Scarab  breaks through another building and soon disappeared from sight. Everyone came out as they walk over and see the destruction it cost.

Doc: What was that?

Watcher: That's a Proto-pattern Scarab. Pretty rare to see those things on the battle field.

Cali: Well as long we stay far clear from it we should be fine.

Y/n: Right, let's keep going.

(Moments later)

They soon arrive and soon New Mombasa police forces and the Red battling against Covenant forces. Simmons and Grif were at the turrets and killing the Covenant forces while Donut, Lopez and Rowen behind the two.

They take out the elites and brutes until two hunters came and fire a fuel rod that hits Donut and sending him flying.

Rowen: Donut down!

Grif: Oh shit! Hunters!

Y/n singals Cali to assist them while he handles the hunters. Cali and her squad rushes over to give support while Y/n sprints towards the hunters and give their attention by picking up a SMG and firing at them.

His bullets bounce off of their armor as they turn towards Y/n. Y/n rushes towards them as the first Hunter was about to fire but Y/n slides between the first hunters legs and turn and hops onto the hunters back.

The Hunter moves around trying to get him off but he holds on and fire all his rounds onto the Hunters back. Then the second Hunter charges forward and was about to swing at him but he leap away and slide backwards as he looks up at the two hunters turning towards him.

He then pulled out his sword and then rushes towards them. He moves back to dodge a swing and then another as he gets behind the two and stab his sword onto the second Hunter and kicks the first hunter back as he pulled out his sword and turn and slice one of the hunters legs off clean off.

The Hunter roars in pain as the other try to fire at him but Y/n turns back around and stab his sword onto the Hunters fuel rod cannon as green smoke begins to burst out as he turns to the other laying on the floor.

The other Hunter stumbled backwards but soon it's cannon blows up and killing the Hunter as Y/n leaps onto the last Hunters back and then rips open his back and sticks q grenade into his back.

He leaps away as the final Hunter blows up and he turn to see that the Covenant forces are clear. He regroup with everyone Sarge and Cali approaches him.

Y/n: Everyone okay?

They turn to Doc attention Donut as Donut lifted up his hand and pulls up a thumps up.

Donut: I'm good.

Watcher: Why is he still alive.

Cali: The civilians are inside and making their way up. Evacuated ships will be waiting up there.

Sarge: Looks like everything is going well.

Y/n: Yeah but let's not keep our guard down. Let's await for further orders and-

Watcher: Guys we have a problem! Regrets ship is charging up and is about to go into slip space.

Cali: (shocked) What?! Within the city?

Sarge: Oh how bad can it be?

Watcher: A split space jump near a city could lead to destruction!

Sarge: Oh. Well that does seem bad.

Grif: WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!

Y/n: Calm down! All we have to do is to find a secure place to take cover.

Watcher: We can take one of the safe houses. There is one not far from here.

Y/n: Right let's go!

And so everyone gather everything and then race to the safe house. They were within their vehicles with Y/n at the turret as he looks up to see the Solemn Penance flying by them and it seems its about to jump.

Y/n: Hurry we don't have time!

They keep going as they speed through the city as Y/n turns back only to be hit by a incoming Drone as he was knocked off of his Warthog and soon hits the ground as he roll onto thr Road.

Cali: Y/n!

Male ODST: Ma'am we have to keep moving!

Cali looks back and wanted to safe him but knows everyone will surely die so she slammed her fist onto the wheels and keeps going while Y/n slowly gets up.

He is now just him and Watcher as they heard something and look up to see the Solemn Penance opening a split space portal and going through.

Y/n: Oh shit.

Watcher: RUN SPARTAN! RUN LIKE YOU NEVER RUN BEFORW!

Y/n did as he sprint away from the incoming blast as he look around, trying to find a place for cover but no such luck. He keeps running while the Penance Solemn was almost through while the Amber Clad also goes through.

Y/n finds no luck amd turns to see the Solemn Penance completely gone through and before the blast would happen Y/n lock up his armor and soon there was a massive explosion.

A large ball of bright light spreads out and taking out everything and soon it reached Y/n as he stood hid ground but soon he was sent flying from the blast as everything around him is soo bright until a flying car flies towards him and before like it made hits Y/n and everything immediately turn black as Y/n is knocked out from the impact.

To be continued...............................................