Chapter 17

Houston Building

Venus ran through the corridors of Houston building, very late for his class.

He had over slept, after all he didn't enjoy his night well. His sleep time was used for something else.

He barged into his class panting, his eyes shut closed, " I'm sorry...." he opened his eyes to see no one except Sly__his class leader.

" What are you doing Venus?" Sly asked.

" I--um-- am I late -- did I come too late? " Venus stuttered, biting his lips.

" What do you think?" Sly directed the question back to the other.

" I'm sorry..." Was all Venus could say. He was ashamed. How could he miss class.....? what would his teachers think of him?

Sly looked at Venuswith nothing but pity in his eyes___ " follow me__" he said, dragging the boy.

THE SCHOOL CAFETERIA..........

" Sit..." He snapped his fingers, withdrawing a chair from a table for the other to sit.

" Thanks_" was the only word Venus could breath out.....

Very soon a woman, who seemed to be in her late forties appeared. She held a bowl of hot noodles.... placing it on the table, in front of Venus and then again she vanished like a thin smoke.

What the what....!!!!!!

" Every living creatures in Stanford are supernaturals..." Sly said. He noticed the surprise and curiosity Venus innocent eyes held. " Both the janitors, cleaners, cooks and so on."

" ohh I see__" Venus whispered to himself, shaking his head.

He looked at the noodles that was placed in front of him.  He wondered what exactly he was supposed to do with it.

" Eat it__" Sly said out of nowhere, as if reading Venus mind or maybe he was actually reading his mind.

" What?" Venus asked, unsure.

" I said eat it..." Sly repeated, gesturing Venus to take the golden fork....

Venus smiled awkwardly, scratching the back of his head, " I'm not hungry__" he said.

" I didn't order it for you to waste it..." this time Sly was the one who took the fork handling it to Venus__" Eat, before it gets cold..."

Venus hesitated taking the fork. There's was no one in the cafeteria, it was empty. He wondered why, normally the cafeteria is always crowded with students, but that day was exception.

He felt a little scared.

He looked at the older, studying him, up to down.

It's not like he and the class leader were that close. They only exchanged greetings or waved each other byes....that was all, nothing more.

Venus was more confused why the older would bring him to eat noodles, instead of helping him think of a way to plead their teacher....he took the fork, holding it tight.

The only way to conquer Stanford in peace was to avoid trouble, and Venus knew more than to invite more trouble for himself.

Sly didn't appear like a trouble maker...but still he didn't want to take chances____without second thoughts Venus dipped the fork into the steaming Noodles and began eating like there was no tomorrow.

" Hey chill...." Sly laughed out, " it's not running away you know..."

" Yes..." Venus nodded, eating the noodles properly this time.

" So first question..." Sly said breaking the awkward silence between them. " Why we're you late for class? " He asked, staring deep into Venus eyes.

" Umm, I wouldn't want to answer that--- it's kinda personal..." Venus replied, placing his fork on the silver tray.

" Personal--------- there's nothing personal in Stanford__" Sly sounded amused... " It's even more better to tell people your personal stuffs yourself than for people to find out through another source---- you get what I mean??"

NO!  Venus didn't get anything Sly was emphasizing on.

" Okay if you don't wanna tell, I won't force you." He assured the other.

" Thanks__" Venus whispered, softly.

" Umm, okay_" Sly sat up straight, clapping his hands, smiling. " So we really didn't talk about much in class, but just know marks will be deducted from your scores..." hearing that Venus face dropped, sad. " Though there's a way to get the marks back. " Sly said.

" Really?" Venus jumped on his sit, his eyes wide open, eager to hear the older's solution.

" Yes, really. Next week, we are having-- Parents_ Teachers_ Committee meeting, there our performances will be exposed."

" What?!" Venus was on the verge of screaming____ did he hear it right? Parents_ Teachers_ Committee_Meeting.......

Ohhhh mom....

The word 'exposed' even feared him more. He knew his mom wouldn't hesitate to grill him after hearing his scores.

" Hey..." Sly tapped Venus on his shoulder, he noticed how tensed the boy was. " I'm not done yet__" he said..." Before you start spacing out or panicking, allow me to finish first. Please."

" To gain your deducted marks back you need to attend your whole class schedule for the week--- and in this whole week you need to impress the teachers... Like umm, come early to class__be active__answer directed questions__"

" Is there any other way? " Venus asked panicking, cutting the other off. " I just know I can't do all that you have mentioned.....it's too much, and what's with answering directed questions?  Everyone knows I'm not too good at studying......"

" So why did you miss class then?" Sly asked, brows furrowed.

" Umm...."

" It's personal, I get...." Sly interjected__" I might have another suggestion..." He said as he stood to his feet, kicking his chair aside, to Venus surprise.

" Why don't you ask your DEAMON guy...." Sly said, walking towards the cafeteria door, his voice echoing through the room.

Venus eyes widen hearing the --- Deamon guy part ----- his eyes filled with horror.

How did he find out?

" How did you__" he immediately turned his head, staring daggers into Sly's back head.

" Ohh, it the talk of Stanford Academy...." Sly smiled, walking out of the cafeteria.

Hey guysssssssss, I'm so.... happy and most of you know why.

Christmas is in 5 days.....

Yayyyyyyyyyyy I'm so excited.

This will be my last update for d year.

Yh, I want to spend this holiday period with my friends and family.

😍😆☺️🤗

I wish you all a Merry Christmas ( if you celebrate) and a Happy New year to friends and family.😘😘😘

I love u all💖💕

TGWSUAN 💗