Chapter 12

Ares POV:

Venus has been avoiding me, and I will be lying if I said I didn't know why.

He is upset with me, and I can understand.  I would do the same if anyone were to betray me like that.

But...it wasn't all my fault. I tried warning him but he didn't need to it, and I tried stopping the Deadly kings but it's not like I can actually stop them. So what's my fault in it.

Maybe i should have given him heads-up up before the attack.

Apparently, I didn't know where I was going. I just kept on walking and passing through different corridors of Stanford.

I am lost. Very lost.

Whenever I feel this way there's only one place my legs lead me to.

Yudy's hideout.

I finally arrived at his ranch. I stood at the glass door and prepared myself for anything Yudy might say.

It was definitely not the first time I've been here. I always come here whenever I feel lost or lonely. But...Yudy at times is not very understanding. Sometimes he chases me away, while sometimes he holds me like a very important treasure of his.

If I could just get through the next few minutes without showing the hurt and pain I felt, I would be satisfied.

How ironic, I thought. Free to return to Yudy in misery. Free to live the rest of my life alone. That's what freedom meant.

I hid my surprise when Yudy Spirit guard stood to let me pass.

" Come in, Ares." His blond hair was disheveled, and the tiny lines around his eyes seemed etched in stone.

I summoned every ounce of courage within me and steeled myself against the weird look in his eyes.

Walking into the living room, I saw Yudy, the reason for my little happiness, at one corner painting effortlessly.

I sat on the China blue easy chair, the only place that would give me strength.

" Would you like me to leave, Yudy? " I asked, unsure what his reply would be.

Silence.

" If you thought of leaving then what's your reason for coming here? " He asked. Eyes still not leaving his painting.

I didn't find any answer to the question. I guess I came here because I wanted to feel his warmth and support. I stood up deciding to leave, and besides he didn't seem to want me here.

" No_" he stopped me. " Let me do the honors this time." His smile was scornful as he walked to the bar, still without making eye contact with me. I watched him as he almost flung the ice cubes into a glass. " Get up, Ares." He commanded.

But I never said I was the obedient type.

I refused instantly_" I'd rather sit if you don't mind." My thoughts raced with confusion. I have never seen Yudy in such a distraught state.

" I don't like repeating myself Ares. Get. Up." In two strides his Spirit guard (Aron) stood before me and took me by my shoulders.
Lifting me from the chair, he stayed long enough to see that I would, indeed, stand, then turned and walked to the bar where his master was standing.

I was very annoyed. First, he didn't even look at me, he didn't even care to know why I came, he's talking to me rudely, and now his spirit guard is acting rudely with me.

Ohh I've had enough from people treating me like shit.

All this just for me to leave?

I decided to leave, but not before speaking my mind.