7:24

There was nothing more I hated than waking up early.

I pushed the white blanket off of me, stretched and began walking to the door, fully expecting to see Amos. But when I opened the door, a certain person who I couldn't get off of my mind was standing right in front of me.

Nothing could have prepared me for seeing her this morning. Nova had on a white polo with a gold chain layered on top, her hair was fluffy as always and she had light brown pants and regular white sneakers on
It felt like my mouth went completely dry, she always managed to pull off everything she put on she was so beautiful. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Nova abruptly cleared her throat.

"Oh, I uh-" I stammered, trying to recover after being caught.

"I'm sincerely sorry for what went down yesterday, it was my fault that I didn't have my things under control." She told me.

"...And I was wondering if you wanted to go get breakfast this morning, it could be in the city or wherever you like." Nova asked me, slightly looking down.

I was speechless, I wasn't expecting to see her this morning, especially in that outfit.

I blinked a few times before processing what she actually had said, and I still didn't know what to say.

"...Huh?" Come on Mariah seriously?

"Did you want to get breakfast in the city somewhere..." She trailed off looking back up at me.

"Oh, yeah, sure, no yeah," I shook my head, this was getting awkward. "Could you give me some time to get ready?"

"Of course, please meet me in the front when you're ready." She told me walking to the elevator, before I knew it the doors closed and she was gone. I closed the door and propped myself up against it.

What is wrong with me?

After doing my morning routine in a record time of 15 minutes, I put together a quick outfit and headed to the front.

I had on a beige knit sweater, under a dark brown pilot jacket, brown pants, and some loafers.
My thoughts were racing all throughout the short descent down to the first floor. I don't know why I was nervous to see her, she only asked me because she felt bad, right?

And who am I to decline free food?

I paused my thoughts when I heard the elevator ding, indicating I arrived at the first floor.

Before I stepped off I noticed a bunch of workers scattered around the first floor, some talking to one another, others traveling someplace else, but the majority of them had their eyes on me.

I walked out the elevator across the sea of marble floors and peering eyes to get to the front door, where I saw Amos patiently waiting.

"Good morning Ms. Breaux, Nova is outside waiting, have fun." Amos said while opening the front door for me.

"Thank you." I replied back, and as I stepped out the large building my eyes began adjusting to the sunlight, and there she was.

Nova was leaning against a matte black sports car, that I couldn't tell you the name of even if I tried.

"You ready?" she asked me pushing herself off the car and taking a few steps toward me.

"Yeah, wow, this is..." I breathed out, walking toward Nova. For a split second I thought I heard an airy chuckle leave her mouth and it made me wonder what her actual laugh sounded like.

"What type of car is this?" I asked her as she led me to the passenger side of the car.

"It's a BMW i8." Nova replied while reaching in an opening on the door. Where was the handle?
But before I could think deeper into it, the door glided open, but I wasn't expecting the door to open upward.

I quickly turned my head to Nova with a shocked look painted all over my face. Before I could regain my composure and ask her more questions she did a slow hand gesture toward the car motioning for me to get in.

I stepped in the car, bent down, and sat in the high quality seat. I instantly began looking around the interior. Nova closed the door next to me and walked back around the car to the driver's side.

The car's interior was black with some splashes of red throughout it, the seats were leather and the windows were almost completely tinted. The inside itself felt futuristic, but that's probably because I've never been in a luxury car like this.

Nova opened the driver side door, stepped in the car, sat in the seat, and closed the door. She adjusted herself in the seat a little before turning her head to face me.

"Where did you want to go?" She asked me, and honestly I had completely forgotten we were going to get breakfast.

"Oh uh.. there's this place I wanted to try downtown, my friend said it was really good." I replied to her, slightly scanning her body, She was undeniably attractive.

"-Ms. Breaux?" I didn't realize I had zoned out of the conversation.

"...yes?" I trailed off and immense heat started rising in my face.

"Did you hear what I said?" She questioned looking at me. She definitely saw the blush creeping on my face.

"...yes?" I said furrowing my eyebrows, and Nova softened her gaze.

"Do you have the name of the place?" She asked me.

"Oh, yeah it's called The Sunrise Diner... I think." I responded.

"You think..?" Nova said, narrowing her eyes and raising her eyebrow.

"I mean yeah... I'm like 99 percent sure." I trailed off, it was more like 59, but she didn't have to know that.

"Okay." Nova said, turning away from me, pulling out her phone, and typing the name of the restaurant on what I assume was the maps app.

My suspicions were confirmed when I heard the familiar voice emit from the phone speaker giving directions.

Shortly after Nova started the car and put her seatbelt on. She leaned back in the seat and began driving away from the huge estate.

This was going to be a long car ride.