Episode 13: "Deception"

Unedited

Izuku mentally prepared himself as he walked through the halls of the agency. The same halls had once felt so familiar, now they only resembled blurry memories of his 'prime'.

"Midoriya! Are you back?" Momo smiled warmly and gave him a quick hug.

"Well yeah," Izuku respond returning the smile. "I came in early for a meeting. My patrol isn't till tonight."

"Well it's good to have you back. I'll have to catch up with you later, I got the night shift too." Momo informed before walking off down the hall with a wave, likely to her office.

Izuku glanced at his watch reading only two hours before noon, promptly he made his way into the open office area of the building. He smiled at the few familiar faces while waiting for the elevator, he felt out of place in the building he practically called home a few months prior.

The elevator came to a stop on the fourth floor, opening smoothly with a ding.

He tapped his knuckles against the wooden door, a faint "come in" was heard of the other side.

"Ah! Midoriya! The man of the hour." Damashi (Dah-mah-shee) grinned from her seat, tucked behind a large desk. "What did we need to talk about."

"Lets cut to the chase, I want to discuss the terms of the contract."

"Of course, sweetie. Please have a seat, don't make me feel rude."

"How long does this fucking charade have to go on? I get the whole deal for peace, make the people trust the Americans, whatever, but how long does this go on for?"

"Midoriya... I don't know if I'm being honest. I'm just the messenger, really."

"Bullshit."

"Excuse me?"

"That's bullshit, I'm not stupid. I know you made the deal and I know you're getting rich off of it." He sighed, pushing his hair back. "So I guess what I really want to know is... why me?"

"I've never thought you were stupid Midoriya, I just don't want to seem like the bad guy, you know?"

"Answer the fucking question."

"You're the number one hero, who else bigshot." Her tone suddenly shifted. "You signed the fucking contract, it's no time to get cold feet."

"You-"

"Don't tell me you'd let the world think you left your bride at the alter. Imagine what that'd do to your career? To your image?"

"Please, you only care because of what it'd to your own. If there's no me, there's no more you. Hell, I might quit just to ruin you."

"Watch your tone, sweetie. I think you should be a bit more careful with your words." She places a file on the desk, sliding it over to the man. "I'm not an idiot either, I know why you're backing out. Hate to see you ruin your life, and his in the process.

He flipped the manilla file open, a photo of the hero with Katsuki yesterday sat on top. He picked it up in a rush, spilling the remaining contents of the file on the desk. Which only revealed dozens of other photos of the two, eating lunch, going to dinner, and even several childhood pictures.

"How the-" He questioned taking in the woman's words.

"Well, look at the time, you're almost late for your date." Her tone returned to a familiar one as she stood up from the desk. "We wouldn't want that now would we?" She grazed his arm slightly, before quickly gathering up the spilled photos.

Izuku held his head slightly and rubbed his temples. "Thanks for the advice, Damashi. I better get going."

"Anytime Midoriya, anytime.." She said holding the door for him. A sour look flooding her features as the door clicked shut. "We need to figure out something more permanent, this is the third time he's figured it out." She crossed her arms looking to the corner of the room.

"Maybe if you were a better liar, he wouldn't." The shadow figure snapped. "and maybe, we should have gone for someone else. But it's too late for that now, too many mistakes have already been made, don't make another." The feminine voice instructed.

"I won't." She looked at her feet. "But what should we do about the kid? He's a problem we hadn't anticipated."

"Just keep an eye on him, I've got a few ideas on how to distract him."

.

.

Izuku strolled into the fragrant noodle shop, his head still throbbing.

"Deku, why the hell are you here early?" The blondes sassy comment made him glance at the watch on his wrist. "Did you hit your head? You're never on time, to anything." The blonde laughed picking up his menu.

The hero took the seat across from him, examining the small menu in front of him.

"You good?" He looked up to see the boy glaring at him searching for an answer.

"Yeah, all good. Sorry, I got a headache after my meeting."

"What was it about?" Katsuki asked, looking him over before returning to the menu.

"Oh, my boss just gave me some advice about easing back into work." Izuku answered the advice now seeming foggy.

"Boring stuff, got it." Katsuki rolled his eyes placing the menu down. "When-" He was cut off by the ringtone of Izuku's smartphone.

Izuku flipped it over and gave a apologetic smile. "It's work. I can mute it-"

"Take it, it's probably important." Katsuki suggested, reluctantly.

"I'll only be a minute. Order me the beef ramen please, you know what I like with it." He smiled and pressed the phone to his ear, walking outside the store.

"Hello?" He answered letting the door close behind him.

"Midoriya. We need you back at the office." The man instructed.

"What, why?"

"You need to make a few decisions about the partnership. And then you have a to go shopping with your fiancé."

"Why today though? You know I'm busy."

"Sorry, yes, but this unavoidable for the both of us. You need to be here ASAP."

Izuku hung up with frustration, this was important to him. He glanced through the window at the scowling blonde giving the waitress their order.

.

.

.

(The man on the phone is just a secretary, no one of significance.)

Original Character info:

Name: Damashi (Dah-mah-shee)

Quirk: (No official name yet) She has the ability to fade or hide memories from one's self, and the ability to implant temporary fake memories. The larger the memory the quicker it returns. Smaller memories can be lost seemingly forever. She erases the memories through touch. The evidence of her quirk on others is a headache, loss of sleep and brain fog.

Age: 40s

Appearance: Imagine a wine aunt, but like Mother Gothel from Tangled.