Episode I: "Pilot"

[Notes: Edited ✔️]

Half asleep, Katsuki walked down the familiar sidewalk. He was currently on the way to school, though he might have gotten distracted last night and forgotten to set an alarm. This meant he also didn't work out or eat breakfast, like he normally does. The hag, as he called her, had been nice enough to pack a lunch, meaning he wouldn't starve, hopefully.

As he arrived in class, a few students were scattered across the room, chatting happily with their peers.

"Good morning, problem children. Get your books out," Aizawa greeted as Katsuki sat down, the teacher's regular yellow sleeping bag nowhere in sight.

Katsuki propped his head up on his fist and glared at the whiteboard. Aizawa had begun his daily lecture, while the boy just slowly zoned in and out, ending up simply staring through the window.  Several topics of discussion were tossed around the classroom, all of which went right past him. When the bell rang, signifying that their break period had begun, Katsuki simply remained seated with his head tucked in his arms. The break passing just as quickly as the last classes.

"Class has begun; get off your damn phones," Aizawa ordered as he once again walked into the classroom after the break. Katsuki sluggishly sat up as several students shuffled back to their assigned seats, quickly slipping their phones into their pockets. "We have a special 'guest' today, a former student of mine. So, change into your training uniforms and be in the arena in 10 minutes," he instructed, looking over some papers in his hands and sat at his desk.

The students practically ran to the locker rooms to escape the boring classroom. The girls began to talk about who this mysterious 'guest' might be, and the boys only laughed at Kaminari short-circuiting on the floor. Katsuki stood to the side as he changed, judging them all, of course. He had learned to change quickly to avoid having to listen to the idiots that called themselves his "Bakusquad", the name they claimed "was a work-in-progress".

Eventually, the class arrived at the arena, chatting and gossiping while waiting for their exhausted teacher.

"Students," Aizawa spoke up, catching the class's attention. "I would like to introduce 'Deku', Pro Hero and alumni of UA."

"Hello, everyone!" The man beside him cheerfully greeted. The arena was instantly filled with whispers.

"Is that the Deku?"

"Isn't he the number one hero?"

"He's so attractive though-"

"Mina please refrain from talking about our teachers like that, not only is it inappropriate-"

"Shut it Iida."

"OMGGG I'M SUCH A BIG FAN OF HIM!"

The blonde boy had been slightly caught off guard by the name, and the smiling man in front of him. He stared at the glorious hero in front on him as if his eyes were playing tricks. Stood up straighter and taller, hoping to catch the male's attention, though he wasn't sure exactly why. Luckily, the green-haired hero did look over as the teacher explained further instructions, his smile only grew as he walked over to his childhood friend.

"Kacchan!"

"Uh- Deku."

"Oh yeah, I guess I haven't seen you since I went Pro?" He looked nervous. "Surprise, I picked your name for me?" Izuku said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I can see that, Idiot." Katsuki responded not wanting to look him in the eyes. Trying to ignoring the obvious stares from his classmates.

His mind ran wild, wondering how the man in front of him was the one from years ago.

"So, you have class, obviously, but do you want to eat lunch together later?" He suggested, he stood beside Katsuki facing Aizawa now.

"Sure." Trying to act like his heart wasn't beating a million miles per hour, was easier said then done.

"Oh, everyone is super confused," Izuku laughed silently, when he finally noticed the confused looks.

Several hours later, Katsuki sat alone on the roof leaning against the wall and was starting to get annoyed that the nerd was somehow late. Though, it was very typical of him to be at least in the past, but the lunch period was almost over.

"Hey, Kacchan!" Izuku said in his typical joyful tone. He had appeared out of nowhere; the boy hadn't even heard the door.

"Nerd."

"So grumpy," the hero sat down beside him with a huff.

"Soda?" He offered, holding a canned drink out to him to take.

"Thanks."

"Mhm. So, how's school going? I guess I didn't realize until now; you're already a second year."

"Yep. And you're officially, Mr. I am here, but the sequel." Izuku chuckled and put a hand on the others leg in exaggeration. Katsuki felt his heart race suddenly.

"I guess you're right... Time does fly, doesn't it?" He smiled and opened his food, some cheap microwave meal from the store.

"Yeah..." Katsuki trailed off, eating more of his own food.

"Hey, so I have this time off, most days. How about we make this a normal thing?" He took a bite and looked back towards the blonde with a hopeful smile.

"Lunch Buddies?" Katsuki commented, sarcastically.

"Yes!" He smiled brightly, which kind of hurt his eyes.

"Whatever, idiot..."

"Your idiot, though." He teased; Katsuki's face went as red as a tomato.

Katsuki finished his classes and walked back to his small dorm. He attempted doing homework, but all he could think about was that nerd. The man was so attractive now, not that he wasn't before, but he just assumed he had never thought about Izuku that way before.

I mean, he's handsome to me and that's it. I just think he's attractive, but I'm not attracted to him. Sure, he's probably a fucking god in bed, but- Oh my god. I sound like a schoolgirl. Gross.  He can't think of him that way; he is, well was, his best friend. He can't date someone so much older than him anyway. Although, his 'old man' and hag do love the hero, more than they love him probably.  Just imagine how more attractive he would be without his hero suit on- I'm never going to be able to look him in the eyes again; great.

He stayed awake all night trying to convince himself that he had no romantic feelings for that damn nerd.

Not in That Way | I.M. x K.B. |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें