Pinochle aint for everyone

After Percy was revealed to be the son of the Earth-shaker, people put a good few metres between him and themselves. Apart from (Y/N) and Annabeth though. Annabeth saw great potential in Percy, believing him to be the hero of the prophecy. (Y/N) was usually with him to fend off Clarisse whenever she went on the prowl. Clarisse and the rest of the Ares cabin definitely had it out for Percy after the creek incident, and it was definitely amusing to see. Just a few days after Percy got claimed, Chiron got (Y/N) to fetch him to the big house. Found in the training arena with Luke, the two trudged to the old Victorian building, picking up Grover along the way and finding Dionysus accompanying Chiron on the porch, deeply invested into a game of pinochle. Two invisible forces held up cards opposite to them, creating an awkward silence as Percy and (Y/N) waited for the centaur and god to look up. 

"I can't believe you started without me!" the 'young' physician fake wined, drawing the attention of the two older camp directors. 

Chiron smirked a little, before noticing Percy and donning a more serious expression.

"Ah, greetings Percy."

"Yes, greetings our little celebrity. Enjoying your fathers water cave of a cabin? Come on now, take a seat. Don't think I'm going to go kowtow on you now though just because you're old barnacle beards son" rambled Dionysus, still not looking up from his hand of cards. 

Outside, a storm that had begun to grow earlier began to grow in size and strength. As a matter of fact, just before picking up Perce, he was bandaging the broken leg of a camper who'd had their leg broken in with a falling tree branch as a result of the storm. Thinking about it now, something serious had to have been happening for the weather to breach the magical defences of Camp. 

Swatting at one of the invisible forces holding the hand of cards, the cards fluttered to the table. (Y/N) swept into the open spot, swiping them up and resuming the invisible forces game. He began to zone out of the conversation, just about picking up something along the lines of molecular combustion. His attention was caught when Dionysus vanished with the smell of freshly-pressed grapes. 

"Please, sit Percy and Grover" spoke Chiron, laying down his cards. 

A winning hand. (Y/N) huffed in annoyance, he hadn't won in the last 20 years now. 

"Tell me, Percy," he said. "What did you make of the hell hound?"

"It scared me," Percy responded. In all fairness, (Y/N) had seen plenty of hell hounds in his time and that was one of the biggest.  

"If you or (Y/N) hadn't done something, I'd be dead."

"You'll meet worse, Percy. Far worse, before you're done."

"Done...with what?"

"Your quest, of course. Will you accept it?" 

(Y/N) was interested now, to be assigned a quest within the first week of camp had almost never happened before. 

"Um, sir," Percy said, "you haven't told me what it is yet."

Chiron grimaced a little, clearly this wasn't just some fetch quest for a minor god. 

"Well, that's the hard part, the details."

Thunder rumbled across the valley. The storm clouds had now reached the edge of the beach. As far as (Y/N) could see, the sky and the sea were boiling together. 

"Poseidon and Zeus," Percy said. "They're fighting over something valuable...something that was stolen, aren't they?"

Chiron and (Y/N) exchanged looks, completely new news to the medic. Chiron sat forward in his wheelchair.