Chapter 17: Like A Family

"I'm hungry. Do you want to get some food with me?"

~~~~

Yoki's POV:

'Oh my god, it is happening, but at the worst time.' While I was panicking mentally, Naruto led me to the godly ramen stand. "They have good food here!" He exclaimed, dragging me up the steps.

When we walked in, I was greeted by a confused father and daughter. "My Naruto, why are you outside it is pouring!" The young brown haired girl said, grabbing a towel.

"Oh, who is your friend?" Naruto looked to me, probably realizing he didn't know my name. "I'm Yoki it's nice to meet you all." I put on my best smile. "Aww, father, look how cute! Now let's get you all something to eat on the house!" Well, who am I to turn down free food.

We sat down on the spiny stools and waited for the ramen. "So what is your name?" I asked, braking the silence. Naruto smiled and loudly exclaimed, "I'm Naruto Uzumaki, and I'm going to be Hokage!" 'He said it oh my god! I can die peacefully now! Shit what do I say back.' Not knowing how to respond, I smiled and let out 'good luck.'

'Good luck fucking hell he's going to hate me oh shit he is crying!'

Naruto pulled me into a hug while repeating thank you. "Don't thank me man what kind of friend would I be if I didn't believe in you." Naruto stopped and looked at me with tears in his eyes. "We are friends?"

"Of course we are well unless you don't want to be-" I was cut off by Naruto yelling, "YES YES! I mean we can be friends I guess." I giggled at his reaction and looked up at the delicious food coming our way. "Now let's eat my friend!"

~~~~

'Holy crap I see why Naruto loves this shit! It's so good!'

"So Yoki Naruto, are you going to tell us why you are out here?" Teuchi asked while making Naruto's second bowl. I gave Naruto the "you go first" look to avoid the question.

"You know how the head hag is right! Well, I decided that I don't want to deal with her anymore.

'My poor baby, I can't believe he has to go through that. Wait, I got an idea.'

"Hey Naruto, why don't you come with me to visit my auntie?" I know damn well she will love Naruto, who wouldn't.

"Huh, really sure I would love to go just after this round!" He smiled brightly and continued eating the delicious food. Duckington quacked and pointed to my bowl. "Oh, sorry buddy, here you can have the blueberries I packed." While I was going for the bag, Teuchi asked. "Are you planning to go somewhere, Yoki?"

'Shit, he got me! Alright, just play it cool.'

"Oh, I just bring this everywhere, yeah," I said in the most convincing voice. Teuchi didn't seem to by it, but let it go.

~~~~

The rest of the dinner consisted of Naruto talking about his favorite ramen. Most of the time, I was lost in thought; regardless, I had a great time. We stayed till closing time just talking. It must have been around ten when we started the walk. Auntie's house was in the middle of the Uchiha compound, but I knew a shortcut.

"Gah, why does it got to rain," Naurto complained. He only had a little white t-shirt on. 'Poor thing is going to get a cold.' I took off my little rain jacket and placed it on his head. His blue eyes looked at me in the way you look at a puppy. "But you're going to get wet." I only smiled and said, "don't worry about that, now let's get going!"

While walking, the lights of the Uchiha compound grew brighter.

'Good, they are still awake now. I will just say goodbye and leave. Shit but where? Maybe the sand it is pretty cool there. Yah I could get tan, then I could go to the beach. Maybe even sell some stuff or get a job.'

Duckington poked at my leg, wanting up. Being the best parent, unlike someone, I lifted him up. "So Yoki, why are we going to your Auntie's instead of your house?"

I looked down but answered."I'm running away, so we can't stay there,"

Naruto was quiet for a moment and stopped walking. "In that case, why don't we live together? Like a family, you know!"

~~~~

3rd person POV:

Yoki was shocked at the young boys' words. She thought about it for a while and smiled.

"Yah, let's do it! I got some money that could last for a while, but we got to stay under cover or they would find us." Naruto was beyond happy; he not only made a friend but he found a family.

"Alright, I still got to run by Auntie's and tell her the tea, but she may tell them where I am. It would be best to stay somewhere else tonight." The two kids discussed what they were going to do next, not knowing the dangers that awaited them.

~~~~

Yoki's POV:

Me and Naruto decided to camp out by an old oak tree for the night. The roots pervided cover from the heavy rain. I wrapped Naruto and duckington up in the blanket I brought. "I will keep watch, yall get some sleep, kay."

"Yoki, why are you running away?" Naruto hit me with the worst question. I looked back at him and sighed. "My um parents want to have me stay with this Hag who wants to take me away. And I don't want to go, so I left. But why did you leave?" I was quite curious as to why he ran away, but I think I know.

"Like I said, the head hag is just mean and hates me for some odd reason!" Naruto sounded hurt as he kept talking about his past.

"She would always blame me for everything! And and the other kids would push me and throw stuff. It just sucked!" He looked so hurt talking about this. I'm pretty sure he was crying at this point. Not knowing what else to do, I pulled him into a hug. "Don't cry we got each other! We don't need to worry about them loser anymore!" We stayed like that for a while before I realized Naruto fell asleep. I smiled at the scene and laid him down on the tree root. Duckington snuggled up to Naruto and fell asleep.

A bit tired myself I sat by the two. 'A lot happened today, getting stabbed in the back and running away, to meeting Naruto and becoming friends. Now all I can do is wait for the sun.'

~~~~

Happy late holiday yall! It is 2024 already and I still have yet to start the main story line. Things are going to speed up now so buckle up!