Chapter 5: October 10th Part Two

I awoke from my nap with someone lifting me. It was Izanami and she looked quite scared. Without a word, she ran with me and my bunny out of my bedroom door. Once we reached the kitchen I heard a loud boom along with screaming. It was only then I realized what was happening: the nine tails attack.

Another loud explosion was heard before I saw an orange tail coming through the roof of my home.

~~~~
3rd person POV:

  "YOKI!" A blue haired woman cried. Like many, her home was destroyed in the attack that happened an hour ago. "Don't worry Ruka, they will find Yoki." The black haired woman said, trying to calm her friend. She was holding a baby boy who was also crying. Not from pain but confusion.

"WE FOUND THEM!" A man yelled removing rubble away. Both of the women looked up and ran to the man. Under a pile of rubble that once was a kitchen, two people lay unconscious. One a light blue hair woman holding a small dark blue haired baby. The woman's hair had a layer of blood where a tile had fallen. The woman was dead. She had died protecting the child she cared deeply for.

The man carefully took the also bloodied baby out of her limp arm. He silently thanked the woman for protecting the young princess. The crying mother begged the ninja to see her daughter.

"She needs medical attention quickly, my lady. Take her to one of the hospitals we will tell lord Nao." The man handed the girl off to her mother. The mother said a quick thank you and ran to the closest hospital with her friend closely behind.

Once they both reached a makeshift hospital a nurse took the young princess behind a sheet. It was the only thing they could come up with at the time. Mikoto placed her hand on the crying mother trying to calm her saying "She is going to be ok, she is in good hands now."

~~~~

"She has suffered a major head injury. We did the best we could here." A young brown-haired nurse announced to the couple behind the sheet. They both looked at each other and bolted out of their seats. The nurse carefully handed the unconscious child off to her parents not wanting to hurt her.

"What should we do with her? Are there medications she can take?" The mother asked, holding her baby close.

"Everything you need to know is on this paper. Now I must see other patients. Good day to you both." The nurse spoke while pointing to the door.

~~~~
Yoki's POV:

Waking up in an unfamiliar room with something covering your right eye is quite terrifying. Especially if you don't remember what happened beforehand. So like most normal people I started to cry and hide under my blankets.

'Where is Snowball?' I started looking all around the bed. That was until I heard the voice of my father.

Already a bad sign, usually Izanami wakes me up, not dad. Plus he had a meeting today. Is this an imposter? "Yoki sweetie you're awake!" My father announced.

  I hold my head in pain as much as I love my father. He needs to shut up. My pounding head can't take it.

"Sorry honey if we were home I could have,"He trails off thinking.

Just then my mother came in holding bandages. 'Did something happen? The last few days are fuzzy.' Father looks to my mother as she drops everything and runs over to me crying.

"I thought we lost you too! So much blood if it wasn't for Izanami you would-"

"Love it doesn't matter now she is safe and in our arms. Now don't we need to clean her wounds." Father says, trying to speak quietly.

They both carefully take me to the bathroom and set me on the sink in front of a mirror. I was in a bit of a daze at this point, but I looked at the mirror.

What I did see was a little girl who looked like she got in a fight with a bear. My face was covered in blue and purple bruises. Small bandages were on cuts and that wasn't the worst part. A large scar started on my forehead and went down to my swollen golden orbs.

It may sound weird but my reaction was to try to touch it. Only for my fathers hand to gently move it. "Yoki honey do not touch it! Do you understand?" I nodded my head tiredly. 'I just woke up, why am I so sleepy?'

"It will only take a minute just let mommy work her magic."

Mom began her so-called magic by cleaning the wound with some smelly stuff. I was dozing off at this point, but my father kept me awake, reminding me to stay still.

After she put the bandage on dad picked me up and took me back to the room. He started rocking me in his arms, humming. Too tired to think or do anything I feel into a dreamless sleep.

Edited 8/4 2023