Chapter 4: October 10th

"Yoki say mama ma ma."

"No say dada!"

"Mama!"

"Dada!"

"No mama!"

"Dada!"

This went on for a while longer as I finished up my milk. 'Man I better just say both to make them shut up. I hope they're not scared.' Taking a deep breath I open my small mouth and whisper "ma da."

Both adults stop their bickering and look at me wide eyed.

"SHE SAID MA!" My mother chanted, running to me.

"NO I heard da!" My dad followed. I simply sat in my high chair annoyed by the two loud adults. I look at my bunny and mouth "help me!" Sadly it didn't move to help, only looked at me with its button eyes. 'You little ugh whatever. I still love you snowball.'

"The clan meeting will begin soon. I recommend getting ready to leave now." Izanami spoke, appearing out of nowhere. How do they keep doing that?

"Oh right let's go honey. Izanami, we trust you with our little Yoki." My father said before walking out the door with mom behind him. They have been going to meetings more often. I wonder what's going on.

Izanami picks me up and takes me to my room. It was decked out with toys, pillows, and blankets. My room was a navy blue color that matches my hair. They sure do know how to design a bedroom. She places me in my bed and smiles.

"Alright my lady, it is time for your nap."

Izanami then starts humming a song, luring me to sleep. She places my bunny beside me and tucks me in. My eyelids start to feel heavier by the second. I could never stay awake long enough to hear the end and today was no different.

I soon feel asleep smiling at the life I now have. Even if I didn't want to get attached I did. I truly loved them with all my heart, but every time I see my mom it reminds me of my old life. That I will never be able to get back.

~~~~

Izanami's POV:

After I tucked the young princess in I returned to my chair. She was growing up so quickly, already talking at 3 months old. At first I believed this was just another job, but I quickly realized little Yoki is unlike other children her age.

On multiple occasions I have seen her reading books. I thought they were picture books at first but I was wrong. The books were on things no child should be reading like ninja techniques, history of villages, and more.

I decided I would speak with her parents about this tomorrow. After all, they both have a lot of work this week due to the rising number of rogues after little Yoki. She is the clan's princess after all.

I watched as Yoki cuddled with her bunny stirring in her sleep with a smile. I have no doubt she will become a lovely woman in the future. I will hopefully be there to see her grow.

~~~~
Yoki's POV:

I awoke from my nap with someone lifting me. It was Izanami and she look quite scared. Without a word, she ran with me and my bunny out of my bedroom door. Once we reach the kitchen I heard a loud boom along with screaming. It was only then I realized what was happening: the nine tails attack.

Another loud explosion was heard before I saw a orange tail coming through the roof of my home.

Edited 8/4 2023