Chapter 16: Simple Questions

"We have decided that for the next few years you will stay with her. Don't worry you will be back before graduation."

~~~~
3rd person POV

A simple question came from the young girl's trembling lips "why?" Her parents didn't answer only looked at their daughter. They believed it was the only way to protect their daughter. Of course they did not want to but the old lady convinced them.

"I asked you why!" Yoki said in a demanding manner. Her father was first to answer. "Do not bring that tone with me Yoki! I'm your father and you will go with my mother no more questions."

The young girl laughed and looked to her feet. "You're joking who would ever send their own daughter with some lady they never met. That's just stupid." Her parent's face broke at these words, but their minds were set.

"I know this will be scary honey but it is for the best you are not safe here-" Yoki's voice cut in, "The world will never be safe for anyone EVER! So why the hell are you giving me up! Are you just so sick with me! Or is it you don't like me anymore?" The young girls voice broke but she continued. "Well guess what I don't like 'all! You are no longer my partners! Giving me away!"

She laughed as she went on. "Well guess what I'm leaving yall clearly don't want me here-" Her father stop her with a booming voice. "ENOUGH YOKI! You are going and that is final!" The man's wife placed a hand on her husband's shoulder. "Yoki we love you and always will but this is best. You will be safe and learn what it means to be in this family."

"Shut up, no matter how you say it one fact remains. You don't want me. I'm going to m- no your old child's room." Yoki got up and left to the room with her duck in tow.

Her father was held back by his mother, "don't worry son she will come around, but it would be best to leave in the morning."

~~~~
Yoki's POV:

I stomp to the bedroom. There was no way in hell I was leaving the village. Did they really think I would go down without a fight. If so they really are not a parents.

"Pack your stuff Duckington we are getting out of here." I grabbed my book bag and stopped. I was running away at four years old. 'Now that got to be a record.'

Shaking my head I got to work. While knowing I didn't have much room in the bag I took only the necessary items: some clothes, shoes, an old water bottle, my piggy bank, a blanket, and my bunny. Duckington had his bag of food and a little bed in his mouth.

"Here buddy I can carry it. Make sure you got everything." He looked around but shook his head. "Alright I got to carry you, don't want you getting hurt. I picked him up made sure he was comfortable.

Making my way to the balcony I stop at a picture, the family photo. We looked so happy. Father was holding mother's shoulder while she held me.

Duckington quacked pulling me out of my trance. 'Who cares what we were, now they want to give me up!' I placed the photo down on the table and made my way to the balcony.

~~~~

This day couldn't get any worse. It was cold and rainy. I only had my yellow coat on when I left. My shoes were soaked with rain water making me colder.

The only place I could think of to go was the Uchiha's household. Only problem was it was a bit far away.

While passing an alley way I heard a cry. I looked around to see if anyone else was around. Nobody was here of course. Who would want to be out now. I sighed and walked down the creepy alley.

With each step my anxiety grew. I was alone for the first time in a while. Well that's not true Duckington is with me. 'Calm down I am fine.'

The cry's got louder as I venture down the dark alley. I stop to see a little yellow blob sitting by a trash can. 'I know that blob!' Not thinking I run towards the blob with Duckington following.

~~~~

Naruto's POV:

"Hey are you alright?" It was a simple question but I haven't heard it before. I looked up through my teary eyes to see a girl in a yellow coat. She was pretty but I knew better to trust pretty girls. They are always the most mean to me.

"Go away," my voice cracked as I said it. I placed my head back in my lap waiting for her to leave. "No can do man I don't want to." She plopped down beside me.

"Why?" I don't understand why she was here. The girl only looked up at the sky and sighed.

"Because I don't want to go home." I didn't ask anymore about it because a ball of warmth came to me. "That's Lord Duckington, don't worry he's nice." The girl smiled at my confused face.

"I'm hungry you want to get some food with me?" 

~~~~

I just wanted to say thank you for the 5k views!

Also things may start to move a bit fast from here. If you have any questions just ask.

Thanks again y'all see you next time!