Chapter 15: Mean Old Lady

Dear Journal

It has been five months since the attempted kidnapping and a lot has happened. First off my "plan" did not go well. Neji lost his father, but I was able to befriend him. It was hard to see him so broken for something I knew about. He is so sheltered inside his walls, that I was only able to crack it a bit. I hope our one-sided conversations are helping him. I'm not the greatest with helping people coupe but I'm trying.

On a happier note, Hinata and I have become great friends after the attack. She and I even train together. I have become a familiar face inside the Hyuga compound. Most of the members know my face and even smile at me. Her father does not like me much, but I don't like him so it does not matter. The only reason I'm allowed to stay is because her mom loves me.

My parents have been strange lately. They have been talking in hushed tones around me and it is getting on my nerves. I have asked Anxo if he knows but I got nothing. I'm scared that something is going to happen. For now, I will keep going out and trying to find the baby fox. Finding him was harder than I thought. Who knew the kid was so good at hiding For today's round of the village I had Anxo and Duckington

——

I packed my small little backpack as we prepared to leave. It was a light yellow bag with a bunny keychain. I put the important stuff in like snacks, money, and pepper spray. What a girl needs to be prepared! The world is full of crazy people with superhuman abilities.

Anyway, me and Duckington head to my door and make our way to Anxo. He is waiting in the living room along with an unfamiliar lady. She had her grayish-blue hair up in a neat bun held together with a long gold pin. They didn't seem to notice I came in, so I listened in on the conversation.

"I don't care, I only want my granddaughter to be safe! Clearly, she isn't safe here! Her parents aren't even here and left her with you, sir!" 'Damn I feel bad for her granddaughter, she seems like a Karen.'

Anxo looked saddened by the woman's words and looked down. 'Alright lady, nobody talks to him that way!'

"Hey um, excuse me lady but what are you doing in my house!" I asked with Duckington quacking behind me. Look I may be four years old but nobody messes with my buddy Anxo and gets away with it. Especially some wrinkly old lady.

The old woman looked over at me and ran to me. "Oh my goodness, my sweet Yoki!" I avoided the woman's attack and went behind Anxo in fear. Being the protective guy Anxo is, he lifted me up. The old lady frowned but that quickly turned into a smile. "Ah right I forgot to introduce myself; I am your grandma!" I continued to stare at the woman in shock. 'Grandma the fuck I have never seen this woman before! What does she want, money?'

"Mom?" My father's confused voice comes from the door. "Ah, my sweet baby boy how are you!"

"I'm alright Mom but may I ask what are you doing here?" Father asked my self-proclaimed grandmother. "Ah, can't a woman meet her grandchild! Plus I should be asking you why this strange man is holding her and not you. I knew that Ruka was sleeping around but this is ridiculous-" she was cut off by my father's angry voice. "Do not talk about my wife that way!"

Never has I seen him this angry before in my life, but he has a good reason. My mo I mean female parent would never cheat ever!  "Oh honey don't yell at me I just want what is best." The evil old lady said trying to hug him. "Mother, why are you in my home?" He pushes her away and wipes his coat.

"Alright I will get straight to the point, I want little Yoki to live with me." The room fell silent as my inter-panic began. 'There was no way in hell they would let me go right...RIGHT!'

Anxo's grip increased as he stepped back. My father looked at the lady in disbelief before saying "Mother, Yoki is safe here and will remain here for the rest of her life!"

"Son I have heard that my dear granddaughter has been kidnapped multiple times! I mean look at her poor head!" She pointed at the scar above my eye. "Hey lady my scar is cool and it is not my um parents fault it happened!" Duckington quacked in agreement. I was offend to say the least. "Oh my what have you been teaching her! I bet it is that whore's fault!"

My father was completely red at this point and started yelling. Anxo took me out the room as soon as it started. "I'm sorry you had to see that my lady." Anxo looked down at me. "It's fine but why is that lady here and why does she hate my mother?"

Anxo thought for a moment before stating "Well the former head, Lady Edith, had always been protective of her family after the lord passed. When Lady Ruka came into the picture she caused a lot of trouble. After they were married Lady Edith left the compound for the village hidden in the rain."

"Ah so she pulled it's me or her trick. What a bitchy move!'

"I see but why is she back now?" I asked the troubled-looking man. He was silent for a moment before telling me. "I'm not exactly sure by my lady is a special child. My theory is Lady Edith wishes to take you with her."

'That old hag is not taking me anywhere! She called my mom a whore for fuck sake!"

While I was fuming in Anxo's arms, we reached my bedroom. It changed a lot these past months. My toys neatly covered my bed with Snowball in the front of course. A castle bed for Lord Dunkington by mine. The biggest change was the massive bookshelf covering the whole wall behind my bed. What I get bored!

"My lady please stay in here, I will go see if the lord is alright." He gave me no room to argue and walked out. I looked to Duckington and told him to follow Anxo.

"Oh and if that hag is being rude bite her."

~~~~

After around an hour both my parents returned with Duckington in tow. They looked at each other before telling me to sit down. We sat at my little coffee table and began the discussion.

"Yoki sweetie there is something me and your father want to talk about." Her voice was full of emotions I couldn't pinpoint. She took a deep breath and let out the life changing speech. "Your grandmother has brought to our attention that you are not safe here anymore." She looked to my father and continued. "We have decided that for the next few years you will stay with her. Don't worry you will be back before graduation." I looked at her in disbelief. 'They're giving me up to that that hag! What about my plans! What am I going to do!'