Gon spoke up, determinedly staring at the table,
"We understand that it won't easy. But I'm not leaving."

Gon turned his gaze to Seaquant who stared baffled at Gon, even more so at Gon's tone, "I won't leave without Killua!"

Gon's tone tuned somber as he spoke, "I wasn't there for Killua when he was in trouble. If I was there with him back then, I could have stopped Killua!"

You lowered your gaze, shame filling your entire being.

You attempted to keep your mind from straying to more depressing thoughts by drinking your tea but you had already finished it.

You only held the still warm cup, the heavy material having absorbed and held the heat from the tea, desperately trying to keep your hands from shaking.

Across from you, where Leorio and Kurapika sat, you could similarly feel the shame rolling off them as they adverted their eyes.

Similarly, they couldn't have done anything to help Killua.
But that was out of their hands, they would've never stood a chance against Illumi

But you could have.
And you hadn't.

"Killua is an important friend of mine!" declared Gon.

The silence that formed was broken as Zebro lightly chuckled, offering, "Then how about you train here?"

"Training?" echoed Gon.

Seaquant called out, a warning in his tone, "Zebro..."

You froze at that, could Zebro be punished for offering help?
He had already helped tremendously by opening the testing gate...

Zebro showed no reaction to Seaquant, smiling at Gon, "Listen to me, Gon. You three are allowed to work together. As long as you open the door, it's okay. With a little training, it should be fine. How about it?"

Gon hesitated, "I don't like the idea of being tested..."
He made eye contact with Kurapika, who spoke, "... But if there's no other way.."
Leorio grinned, "Then we'll just have to do it!"

You fondly smiled at the sight of the determined look in everyone's eyes.

Zebro nodded, "Then I'll need you to put something on."

Zebro left the room, bringing back something you recognized to be vests.

As he handed them out, skipping over you, he made everyone wear them.

Leorio buckled, attempting to walk but after a couple steps he fell to his knees," How is this so heavy..?"

Despite Zebro recommending everyone to put it on, Kurapika and Gon could only hold the vests, unable to even out it on.

"It weighs fifty kilograms."
Explained Zebro.

"Please wear it at all times, except for while you sleep. I'll make it heavier as you get used to it."

You pressed a hand against your mouth in an attempt in keeping your giggles silent, seeing the expression of utter despair on Leorio's face.

As Zebro assisted Gon and Kurapika into getting into their vests, he handed all three of them tea in familiar green cups.

Obviously, they struggled at even managing to lift the cup.
As Leorio cussed and strained, Gon took to lowering his head and sipping from the cup still sat on the table.

You watched in amusement at both at Gon's solution and at Leorio's frustrated expression, your mind desperately to focus on things to bring a smile to your face.