Chapter 14

As it turns out, the sensation of having your ears pop doesn't fully go away as soon as you would expect.

You were walking up and down one of the many corridors inside the Hunters Association blimp that was taking everyone to the final phase.

Or at least you had hoped it would be the final phase.

But as the blimp lifted off and pressure did it's thing, the slight ringing of your ears refused to go away.

You rubbed your arms, goosebumps forming alongside the inkling sensation of someone watching you.

Of course, there was no one there. You would've sensed anyone near you but that reassurance did nothing for you as you looked back and forth down the corridor.

You couldn't escape paranoia, not once it's got you clenched in it's never ending cycle of losing your mind.

The only thing you can focus on is your breathing, it usually helps calm you down in these mini panic attacks but the sensation of a phone in your pocket just sends you toppling down the rabbit hole.

𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙢𝙣 𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚.
𝘼 𝙣𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙤𝙢.

You turned your focus, as best you could, to the beautiful view shown through the wide stretched windows.

So far, there was only a mountain view for as much as your eyes could take in. Your eyes jumped in and out of focus, staring at the view itself and your reflection in the windows.

You could only glare at your refection, hating yourself for being so frazzled for just one phone call.

𝘼 𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙚𝙛𝙩 𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙.

You recoiled at the sight of blood dripping down your arm, but when you held out your arm and stared..

There was nothing, not a single 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣 wound nor a stain on your sleeve.

You could only shove your hands in your pockets, one hand being clenched so hard that you could feel your nails drawing blood while the other gripped for dear life onto the phone.

<--------------------------->

Akaki cheerfully strode down the corridor, looking for her friends.

She had to depart from them after boarding the blimp as Leorio had forcefully pushed her towards the bathroom and ordered her to clean up her wound.

Akaki could feel relief as the feeling of dried blood flaking and peeling was gone. And even better, her wound was already closed and showing signs of scarring.

Akaki grinned at the image of her badass scar popped into mind. For now, her scar would be covered for one more day to ensure absolute no infections.

Akaki's eyes caught onto the sight of a map, framed against the wall with directions. She squinted at the small writing, eye's wondering over the restricted areas, dining hall, bathrooms and then the sleeping rooms.

Akaki lit up at the thought of a wide spread breakfast, freshly made and an amazing aroma. Her stomach growled at the thought.

She tilted her head left and right, even attempting to turn her head upside-down to figure out how to make her way to the dining hall.

She only grew more confused when the map showed there was multiple floors.

The now obvious problem was that Akaki had no clue where the hell she was, so picking eeny meeny miney mo, Akaki turned left and made her way down the corridor.