Chapter 1

You tried to focus, you really did but all you could do was stare tiredly at your sword which you were ment to be sharpening however the nagging voice next to you kept you unfocused.

With twitching eyes and a stained smile, you turned to your companion, dear friend and teacher of 4 years who of course was ignorant of your irritation as she was too busy talking, quite loudly, about various topics, the both of you sitting on the large pipe in the tunnel where the hunter exam was taking place.

It didn't take long for Akaki to notice your stare and with a bright smile she asked, "Hm Yasumi? You need something?"

" Yes!" You snapped, " You have to stop reminiscing about Yokaru Island, there's no possible way a bombing happened! And stop talking so loud." you muttered the last part close to her to emphasize your words.

Akaki in turn just stared at you and with a pout turned away and muttered " How come you don't seem homesick? Your the one that's actually from Yokaru island."

When she turned back to stare at the rest of the participants, all who of which were mostly muscular men showcasing their strength and bragging about how the hunter exam would be easy and various other topics to other participants, you pondered about how to answer Akaki.

She was right, you were born and raised on Yokaru Island but you had no worries. You knew the both of you wouldn't be back on the island for a long time but that didn't mean the island would blow up without the two of you.

You subconsciously went back to sharpening your blade, the very blade that would be gifted to you once you pass the hunter exam. Akaki decided that quite last minute after being told that you needed an exam before she was done being your teacher.

So she decided that when the both of you pass the exam, you would then graduate and be gifted the very sword in your hands and Akaki would go on to open up a dojo of sorts.

But of course Akaki didn't trust herself to keep it safe so she gave it to you and it would become "officially" yours when you pass.

Settling the sword back in it's sheath, you took out a gift meant for Akaki, which you bruised your hands on during your many trials and errors, you held out the gift in Akaki's line of view, ignoring her surprised outburst at the gift, you calmly stated " Don't break it too soon, I-" you stopped, staring in slight shock at the look on her face.

You honestly expected her to yell out in joy as Akaki loves gifts of all kinds, but she stared only in amazement at your gift.

"Thank you, Yasumi." Akaki muttered before she placed her sword in her gift, a handmade sheath, before smiling thankfully at you.

You brushed her off with a chuckle, "You better take care of it" and silently acknowledge the nod of her head and you now stared at all the participants.

The latest one being participant 347, and you acknowledged the badge that you placed underneath your skirt on the shorts you wore under, as you remembered the number given to you and Akaki.

With a glance at Akaki, her badge was on her trousers, the number being 165 while your's was 166.

You continued to stare at the applicants, making sure to skip over number 44 and the weird one with needles poking out of his face as their aura was incredibly strong and the last thing you needed was to make enemies with the wrong people, and you tried to keep your expression neutral when your eyes fell upon someone with a large tuff of white hair.

You tried to keep the confusion off your face but Akaki noticed something was wrong so she asked, "You having a seizure or something?", you rolled your eyes, "That guy, with the white hair. Isn't it weird for a old man to take the hunter exam?"