Chapter 2

Your gaze was locked on Satotz, his stride too fast for most applicants as they drop to the ground in exhaustion but still quite a big amount stay consistent with their running.

You can't help but stare at him, where was his mouth? You were practically dying to ask him but wouldn't that be too disrespectful?

You even questioned if he was a Nen puppet but his aura gave away nothing and using En would only reveal yourself.

The last thing you needed was unwanted attention. And talking about attracting the wrong attention, you wondered how Akaki was.

<----------------------------------------------------->

Across the sea of applications, a bright orange mop of hair was seen.

Akaki ran with leorio, Gon and Kurapika with a practically empty head. Her gaze was unfocused and her mind was empty. She vaguely remembered wanting to do something , something that left her talking to others and led her to the trio.

But what was it?

"We've run around 60 kilometers now." Kurapika muttered under his breath, the only reason Akaki heard him was due to her running next to him.

"How long have we been running now?" Akaki questioned him, genuinely curious as she hadn't been paying attention.

Kurapika turned his head slightly towards her when he answered, "Around 2 hours now."

"Sheesh, what a mood killer. How much longer do you think we have to run?"

"Most likely much more than we would expect, this exam will test our limits."

Akaki huffed out, beginning to feel bored and impatient already. Her attention was grabbed when the sound of Lerorio was heard as he screeched out.

"Oi kid! You should show the hunter exam some respect!" Akaki got worried after seeing Lerorio, he was sweating all over. Was he not used to such physical activity?

"Hmm, what do you mean? " a voice rung out, Akaki hadn't even thought of the person Lerorio was yelling at. The victim of his screeching was the very boy Akaki and Yasumi conversed about earlier.

"You're using a skateboard! That's cheating! "

"How?" the boy questioned, he seemed genuinely curious at least to Akaki.

"This is an indurence test!" Lerorio yelled.

"Eh?" it was Akaki who spoke out now. "We're not allowed to use skateboards? Does that include Rollerblades, cause Yasumi is using em. " A frown set on Akaki's face.

The boy curiously glanced at Akaki but she was focused on Lerorio. The last thing she needed was Yasumi being disqualified this early.

Gon spoke out now as he moved in between Leorio and the unknown boy as he answered towards Leorio's earlier statement, "No it isn't."

"Gon what are you talking about!" Leorio turned his anger towards him.

"The examiner only said to follow him" Gon stated the obvious, even tilting his head slightly in confusion of why Leorio didn't know.

"Whose side are you on Gon?" Leorio chided.

The unknown boy skated to Gons side as they talked together. Akaki turned to Leorio in concern "You alright there Dumbledore?" nicknaming him due to the wrinkles on his face from pulling his face.

"Dumbledore? Who's he? And I'm fine! Don't I look fine?! " Leorio barked out.

Akaki simply held out her hands out in surrender and sighed as he turned back ahead.