Chapter 3

Grumbling in distaste, you frowned as your sneakers got mud and dirt all over them running through the wetland terrain. You didn't properly prepare for that by getting better shoes.

You'd prefer to go back to running in a dark tunnel with stale air then fresh mud, not to mention the fact you didn't have a spare pair of shoes.

Akaki was experiencing the same annoyance, only she was cursing under her breath.

The blond to Akaki's right spoke aloud, "Running on wet ground requires more energy."

You agreed, that and alot of patience.

Looking forward, you noticed the animosity in the air. Specially, a group of men were concentrated on participant 44.

Whispering, you warned Akaki, "Watch out for participant 44."

She raised an eyebrow, sighing but nodding. "Do I have to? He seems like a fun chap, even better opponent too."

"Idiot! You can clearly sense-"
You were interrupted by Gon yelling out.

"Leorio! Kurapika! Akaki! Yasumi! Killua says that we should move up!"

You sweatdrop, Akaki laughing beside you.

Shaking your head, you bid adieu to Akaki as Lerorio yelled at Gon. "I'm gonna listen to common sense and catch up to Satotz. You gonna be okay?"

"I'm gonna be fine! no matter how strong these so called masters of deception creatures come my way, I'll cut them up beautifully."

Nodding, you hurried over to Gon and Killua who were already disappearing afar due to the heavy fog.

As you raced to catch up, you kept on the lookout for any creatures. You really wanted to see them, reading about them is different to actually seeing them. You were mostly excited for the Noggin Lugging Tortoise, Ruse Raven and Hypnosis Butterfly.

Spotting Killua and Gon, you sprinted even faster to run alongside them.  "You guys see anything cool yet?"

Killua shook his head, "This is turning out so boring, Satotz went out of his way to give a long speech on how dangerous creatures are, only for none to show up."

Gon shook his head, "I can hear screams all around us, I guess we're just unlucky...or lucky."

You sighed, disappointed, "Not cool, I guess I jinxed myself then."

You stopped short, staring excitedly at the ground. Gon and Killua curiously turned their heads but didn't stop which ultimately left them victim to the Frog in waiting.

A gigantic frog sprung place from where the boys were, it's mouth wide open as it took the boys, before waddling off slowly due to its weight.

You jogged alongside the frog, hearing killua's and Gon's voice from within it's stomach although muted, as you stared at it in amazement.

Yelling out, concerned for the boys, "Gon, Killua! You alright in there?"

You heard Gon yell back but couldn't distinguish the words.

You jumped back in caution, the frog's expression and face turning blue. In seconds, it retched up its stomach contents with Gon and Killua alongside it.

You stood by, not wanting your shoes to be further dirtied, "I'm glad you two made it out in time, this particular frog slowly admits acid to digest it's food since it's a carnivore."

Gon sweatdropped as Killua muttered under his breath, "know-it-all"

Gon got up, attempting to get the liquid out of his clothes, "Guess he didn't like the taste of us."