Chapter 4

Sidestepping, you dodged another exam participant as you walked with Killua who was, of course, leaning slightly backwards with his arms behind his head, the both of you laughing.

While waiting for Akaki, Gon, and Kurapika to return, Killua dragged you away from your sword and forced you to join him in pranking people.

Of course at first you refused but once you were forced to start, you couldn't stop.

At first it was simple things, tripping other participants or unsuspectingly throwing rocks and stones and pretending someone else threw them which then started fights.

But then, Killua spotted Tonpa. You were reluctant to get near to him so Killua did.
You giggled profusely at the look on Tonpa's face as Killua asked for additional laxitated cans.

And then you two proceeded to give them out, and of course people accepted them because you two were just two small kids. What harm would be done?

6 people drank the cans and of course ended up running back into the wetlands to save themselves the embarrassment.

Killua even suggested you two trick Tonpa into drinking one by fooling him into thinking it was a non-laxitated can.

But you two never got the chance due to Killua interrupting your plan.
"Look! It's Gon!"

You turned and Gon, Kurapika, and Akaki were standing around Leorio who was beginning to stand up.

Killua jogged over, you in tow.
"Hey Gon. I'm surprised you actually made it here. I thought you were done for."

You scoffed, hitting Killua over the head. "Don't lie. You were asking about Gon every five minutes."

Blushing, Killua yelled, "Did not!" With a teasing tone, you provoked him further. "Did too! It was Gon this and Gon that."

Gon laughed, "Don't worry, as you see I'm completely fine!"

You giggled, allowing Killua to hit you back as you made your way to Akaki.

"You idiot, I'm glad you made-" you stopped, noticing the look on her face.

Akaki was shaking slightly, staring teary-eyed at you. "Are you-are you making new best friends? Huh? While I'm-I'm fighting for my life, huh?"

You sweatdropped, focusing full heartedly on her as you ignored the group's conversation behind you.

"I'm sorry I made you feel that way, you know no one will replace you. Do you have any injuries?" You smiled warm-heartedly at her.

Akaki brushed off the act, puffing out her chest and putting her hands on her hips.

You sighed, knowing she was just acting dramatic but usually when you refuse to go with her act then she'll actually start crying just to further annoy you.

" Nope no injuries at all! In fact I saved those two, hah!"
She boasted.

You giggled, about to check up on Gon and Kurapika however Sotaz's voice rung out though the area.

"Excellent work everyone. The second phase of the exam will take place will occur here, in the Visca Forest Reserve.
So, I shall take my leave. Best of luck to all of you."
Raising his arm, Sotaz strutted back into the wetlands.

You frowned, "What a shame. Hopefully when this exam is over, I can ask him where his mouth his."

Akaki hit you over the head, harder than she intended to, "Tell me what he says then, I wanna know."

You groaned, rubbing your head as the large doors opened which then showed... Cooking stations?

"All applicants that have passed the first phase, please enter!" A woman's voice rung out.