Chapter 8

There was the distinct sound of Majitani shouting profanities at Leorio before, scurrying off as background noise to your current dilemma.

You smiled cheekily at Killua, ignoring Gon's curious and Kurapika's concerned gaze.

You should feel more pressed with Killua's accusations out in the open but this hunter exam has been more of a vacation for you, you having more fun than intended.

But you really should be more serious considering Akaki needs to pass this exam.

You pressed a finger against your cheek, "Well-"

Akaki stepped up beside you, crumbs staining her face and top while a raspberry sauce covered her chin,"I don't appreciate you pressuring my friend. Especially when we should be focused on Leorio's match. Can we wait until After Leorio wins?"
Akaki wrapped a arm around your shoulder.

Kurapika nodded, "I suppose it can wait, seeing as it's not life threatening."

Gon nodded, "I'm still confused on what's going on so maybe we should wait until Leorio returns."

Killua huffed, turning around, "Whatever."

You turned to Akaki, digging your hand in her satchel and groaning at the amount of discarded wrappers there was but you took out a face towelette.
"Here, wipe your face."

Akaki smiled, facing Leorio's match while cleaning her face.

You sent a sideways glance before resuming to watch Leorio's match, making eye contact with Killua who was sending you a slight glare.
In return you sent a smile his way, smirking as he looked away.

You eyed the scoreboard, forty hours awarded to the prisoners which left them with eighty hours and only twenty hours remaining for your group.

The prisoner tilted their head, speaking to Leorio, "You knew he was awake."

Leorio nodded, "It may not seem like it but I'm pre-med, so I can tell if someones awake from their eye movement."

Akaki had her eyes wide, "The old man is a doctor?"
You frowned, "You didn't realize that by the full suitcase of medicine?"
Akaki shrugged, " I Thought he was a drug dealer."
You rested your palm against your head, sighing.

The prisoner noted, "However you're down to twenty hours."

Leorio countered, "However we're up 2-1"
True to his words, a point was awarded to your group.

Leorio smirked, pointing at the prisoner, "Alright, it's now your turn. What are we going to bet on next?"

The prisoner's shackles fell off,
And they removed their cloak which revealed a female with rather large pink pigtails.
Someone you happened to recognize.

You tilted your head, "Finally a prisoner with a normal appearance. However I don't think Leorio is going to win against Leroute..."

You jumped slightly at Gon's voice, not expecting anyone other than Akaki to hear you, "Do you know her Yasumi?"

You smiled, "Yup, well I know her but I've never met her."

Killua made a snide remark, "And let me guess, you're going to keep whatever information about her to yourself."

You scoffed, "If you were to ask nicely than I would. But honestly, I only know of her prison sentence and crimes. Nothing else."

Gon pouted, "That's a shame, but do you really think Leorio won't win?"

You nodded, "Leroute isn't a woman to be underestimated. I mean, look what she's done to Leorio already."

Leorio had a perverted expression on his face, muttering compliments towards Leroute's figure and face.