Chapter 16

In the distance, under the full-moon moonlight, stood a cabin in a clearing alongside the path. You noticed two lights on, beside Zebro, was someone else living there?

As Zebro led everyone towards the entrance of the cabin, he spoke, "This is the servant's quarters. It's getting late. So you can stay the night."

Obviously, that wasn't directed towards you seeing as your fate was leading you higher up the mountain.

And you weren't sure how to feel about that, to be separated from the friends you had been so close towards in the past two weeks.

Zebro pushed open the door, and you noticed how the door left marks into the flooring as it moved, was the... Was the door weighted?

Zebro held his hand out, a welcoming smile on his face, "Please come in."

You whistled at the inside,
not bad for a servants quarters.

Zebro yelled out as he closed the door and you winced at the horid sound of the door scratching against the floor as it closed, "Hey! I'm back."

You eagerly watched as who you assumed to be Zebro's co-worker and servant to the Zoldyck household walked down the stairs and spoke, "We've got guests? That's a rarity."

Zebro introduced the newcomer, "This is Seaquant. He works with me here."

"Good evening." You and Gon greeted, Gon kindly smiling at Saequant while you winced at the sight of a cigarette in his mouth.

What was it with people willingly destroying their bodies?

Not like you should even be talking.

Saequant analyzed everyone in the room, before huffing out smoke and walking away, "Zebro doesn't take a liking to just anybody. You guys must be special."

Saequant shook his head, waving over his shoulder, "Well, make yourselves at home. Though it won't be easy in this house." And just like that, he was gone, leaving an ominous atmosphere as your friends all eyed each other.

Zebro led everyone futhur inside the cabin, towards a dining room and begun pouring tea.

As you sat down, you eyed Seaquant who leaned against the wall and watched your group.

Despite the feeling that Seaquant would've left your group alone, keeping his distance, he instead listened as Zebro summarized on why a group of people willingly stepped on Zoldyck property.

Seaquant probed, "You want to see young master Killua?"
He laughed, "That's a riot."

You eagerly watched as Zebro handed you a cup of green tea in a green cup. You froze at the weight of the cup, concernedly eyeing your friend's cups however their's were thin white cups.

You shrugged it off, having no issue with the weight, eagerly sipping at the tea while Leorio argued, "Sorry but we're dead serious."

Seaquant cautioned your group, "Then let me give you a warning. Give up and go home."

You frowned, speaking up, "We've already gotten this far, we're not leaving anytime soon."

Well, even if you wanted to leave... You couldn't. Not just because of Killua but also because of the butler awaiting your arrival.

Leorio agreed with you, "Yeah,
Killua's waiting for us so there's no way we're leaving."

Seaquant shot down both you and Leorio, "Well, you'll find yourselves unable to progress futhur then this."

Leorio clenched his jaw, about to argue futhur but Seaquant continued, "Zebro told you about the testing gate. That should be enough to give you an idea on what kind of a place this is."