44. Good news all around

It had been a calm 4 months.

As soon as Y/N was healed, she and Spencer spent time looking for a nice house. They eventually found one - a one storey house with 2 bathrooms and 4 bedrooms. There was a master bedroom, and 3 smaller bedrooms. The second bedroom would be Carter's bedroom, the third bedroom would be a nursery for any future children that Y/N and Spencer decided to have, and the fourth bedroom would be a guest bedroom - for when Diana or someone else came to visit. The living-room was huge, with enough space for at least 4-5 bookshelves for all of Spencer's books. The kitchen was connected to the living-room and had enough space for a decently sized island. The dining room led to a nice backyard - perfect for Carter and any friends he decided to bring over. There was enough space for a pool, which Carter practically insisted they get for when summer came around.

Within the 4 months, Y/N, Carter, and Spencer had settled in to their new life. Y/N's job was going good. Carter was getting good grades in school - thanks to Spencer. As for Spencer, work had calmed down, which meant he had gotten at least 3-4 days or even a week in between cases, which meant he could spend more nights being home to put Carter to bed, and he could spend more mornings waking up to see Y/N's beautiful face.

———

Spencer and Y/N were 3 days away from celebrating their one year anniversary, and Spencer had a plan. 2 weeks ago, Spencer had taken Carter out for the day, considering Y/N spent the day with Penelope, JJ and Emily. Spencer took Carter out to do fun kid activities, all of which Carter really enjoyed, and Spencer got a few good photos of him and Carter having fun.

While he and Carter got some ice-cream, Spencer asked Carter a very important question.

"How would you feel about me marrying your mom?" Spencer asked, feeling his heart race. He wanted nothing more than to marry Y/N and be in hers and Carter's lives forever. He loved both of them. All he needed was Carter's permission.

"Does that mean you'll be around all the time?" Carter looked up at Spencer, watching as Spencer chuckled.

"I'll be around as much as I can, seeing as my job makes my life unpredictable." Spencer smiled.

"Can I see the ring?" Carter asked, watching as Spencer furrowed his eyebrows.

"How'd you-?" Spencer questioned.

"I'm a kid. I'm not blind." Carter chuckled, gesturing to the square box-shaped item in the smaller pocket of Spencer's satchel. Spencer pulled the box out and showed Carter the ring, Carter's eyes immediately lighting up.

"She's gonna love it. You picked a pretty ring, dad." Carter smiled, giving Spencer a big hug. That night, JJ had Carter over at her place, as Henry and Carter wanted to have a sleepover, which gave Spencer and Y/N a night to themselves. A romantic movie and one bottle of wine later, clothes were on the floor and the happy couple spent a peaceful and romantic night alone.

2 weeks later, while at a private dinner, Spencer got down on one knee and asked Y/N to marry him. She immediately said yes with tears forming in her eyes, and everyone cheered and clapped.

Of course, Spencer and Y/N told his team and everyone couldn't've been more happy for them, Rossi offering to host an engagement party at his house. One thing no one seemed to notice was the lack of alcohol consumption on Y/N's part.

She drank water and ginger ale that she had asked Rossi to get for her. It surprised her that no one in a team of profilers and one technical genius had mentioned that she hadn't had a sip of alcohol. Well, Y/N hadn't exactly confirmed her suspicions yet. She was nauseous all the time, had vomited maybe once or twice a day, and her boobs had even started feeling sore. All she needed was a test or two to confirm her suspicions.

The day after the party, while Spencer was at work, Y/N went to get a test or two on her lunch break. She spent the whole afternoon extremely excited to (most likely) confirm her suspicions. She picked up Carter from school and was obviously home before Spencer. She sent Carter off to do his homework while she spent 5 minutes in the bathroom - 2 minutes to read and understand the instructions, and 3 minutes to wait for the results. Sure enough, two positive tests sat on her bathroom counter and Y/N took a moment to cry. She was overjoyed. She'd never regret having Carter, never. But being able to have a baby on her own terms, without fear that her child would be used against her, Y/N felt at peace. She placed a hand on her flat stomach and smiled, knowing that in the coming months, she and Spencer would watch as her body changed to accommodate the baby she'd grow. The only issue being when she and Spencer would get married. They could either get married before the baby was born, or wait until after the baby was born.

Later that night, Spencer came home to his fiancée and Carter sitting on the couch with homemade pizza, drinks and a movie ready to watch. He placed his bags down and sat next to Y/N on the couch.

Y/N (who had told Carter the news) watched as he got up and ran around to one of the shelves, pulling out a box. He handed the box to Spencer, who opened it, curious. He didn't fully understand why he was looking at two pairs of pajamas - Y/N wondered how a man with an IQ of 187 could be so unaware of what she was trying to tell him.

"Read what they say, dad!" Carter insisted, trying to help Spencer.

He looked down and read what was on the pairs of pajamas. The first pair - the largest - read BEST DAD EVER. He furrowed his eyebrows, and read the second pair - the smallest - which said BEST BIG BROTHER EVER. The final clue as to what Y/N was trying to tell him rested at the bottom of the box. He pulled out the two tests and held them up, staring at them.

"Is- Is this for real? You're not joking, right?!" Spencer started panicking.

"This is all real. I'm actually pregnant, Spencer." Y/N nodded, being scooped into Spencer's arms as he placed a passionate kiss on her lips. He couldn't stop smiling, and she swore she could see some tears of joy forming in his eyes.

"I love you three...so much!" Spencer cried.

"We love you too." Y/N smiled, watching as Spencer placed his hand on her stomach.