14. Going against Agent Hotchner

Y/N
Michael had been dead for 24 hours now, which left one mission for you; find Carter. You wondered if somewhere in Marco's massive house, he was hiding Carter. The house was large enough to have secret hiding spaces, or other unknown areas.

"Penelope, can you please do something for me?" You asked, walking to her lair. She turned around, a smile on her face.

"What can I do for you?" She turned back around, her fingers hovering over the keyboard.

"I need you to find large mansion-like houses that could be surrounded by forest. I've been to Marco's house before. I've never seen how to get there, but from the quick glances I've gotten, I could tell that his home was surrounded by forest." You looked between Penelope and the computer screens, watching as she smiled before her fingers started to furiously type away.

"Alrighty, let's see here. There are...no houses that seem to have been built in forest areas." She exhaled, confused.

"Marco must've had it built by private contactors or something." You shook your head.

"Hold up, where are you going?" Penelope could tell that I was up to something.

"Please don't tell Agent Hotchner, but I'm going to go and find Carter. Part of my job is inspecting rooms to find possible exits, which means I'd be able to find hidden or secret rooms. If Carter is somewhere locked in that damn house, I will find him." You informed Penelope, who went to say something, but closed her mouth, leaving you to exit her lair.

You were sick of Marco having the head start. You were going to end this drama once and for all. You headed to your home and grabbed your gun. You were mildly excited about Marco being your last victim. He would get the same treatment that his victims got.

You neglected telling Spencer where you were going either. If he knew, he'd either talk you out of it or include Agent Hotchner.

Exiting your house, you put your gun away and started to head in the direction of the nearby forest. Hopefully, you wouldn't get lost, or so far in that communicating with Penelope or the team was a problem.

As you walked, Carter's image popped into your head. You imagined the smile on his face as you wrapped your arms around his small torso. You imagined your heart racing as you and him escaped Marco's house. You imagined the peace you'd feel when you and Carter were in your car, driving far away from Marco and the FBI. Realistically, once Carter was with you, you'd have no use for staying in contact with Spencer. You'd be able to leave him and his team to take down Marco by themselves. You could leave with Carter and never have to worry about them ever again. That thought made you smile as you began your trek through the forest.

By this time, the sun was still shining brightly, allowing you to see way ahead of you, which was nice.

You kept walking, hoping desperately for some sort of indication that you were close to finding something. The further you got into the forest, the more your hope started to diminish. That was, until you stopped, looking down at the grassy area below you. Bending down, you almost didn't recognise what you were looking at, until your eyes widened. A desire path. Knowing that someone or some people had taken this route many times rose your hope again. Your hands grazed the grass, and you could tell that someone had been down this desire path recently.

You moved your feet, intending to start walking down the path. The moment you took a step, you felt a chill roll down your spine, before the chill turned into a shock. Your whole body tensed as the electric shock immediately spread all over your body. You wanted to scream in pain, but you couldn't. Your mouth was shut as you tried to lessen the pain - unsuccessfully.

Your phone dropped to the floor of the forest as two pairs of strong hands grabbed your arms, forcing your movements to cease.

"Let...me...go." You muttered, feeling the pain - of what you assumed to be a taser - slowly fade away. Although, just because the shock pain had disappeared, it didn't mean that the grip on your arms had gone.

Two men forcefully held you to prevent movement before another man shoved a cloth in your face. You knew exactly what they were doing. Some of Marco's recruits would be tased, then held so they would remain still while someone shoved a cloth covered in chloroform onto their face. You had seen it happen before, but until now, it had never happened to you. As much as you tried to hold your breath and prevent the chloroform from taking affect, it didn't work. Within minutes of the cloth being shoved onto your face, you released your breath, which meant that you unintentionally breathed in the chloroform. After a few moments, your eyes became heavy and your body going limp as you felt yourself slowly losing consciousness.