33. Trip to Vegas

Y/N, Carter and Spencer lived at the BAU. Was it comfortable? Not really? But it was the safest place for them. Spencer didn't really care that he was possibly in danger because of his relationship with Y/N.

Spencer offered to stay with Y/N and Carter while trying to hide the fact that he was dating her. He hid his feelings well enough that the team saw his offer as a friendly one - seeing as he and Y/N became friends after they first met.

Two empty offices were set up. One office - the smaller office - was reserved for Spencer to sleep in. The second office - the larger office - was reserved for Y/N and Carter. Spencer didn't like leaving Y/N alone, even if it meant that their relationship would be exposed.

So, when the team was gone for the night, Spencer would unlock the office being occupied by Y/N and Carter. He'd place a kiss on her forehead before getting behind her on the couch that she slept on. He'd wrap his arms around her and fall asleep to the rhythm of her breathing. In the mornings, he'd be woken up by the sound of his phone going off from a text. He'd quickly place a kiss on Y/N's forehead before heading off back to his office to get changed.

———

Officially, today was the first day the team was investigating the threats against Y/N. Spencer put a cup of coffee in Y/N's office/room, and Penelope brought breakfast for her and Carter - knowing how shitty the bullpen kitchen food was.

Will came by and took Carter for the day, having brought some Lego and other toys for the boys to play with. Will planned for Carter and Henry to do some school work before they were allowed to play. Y/N got changed and headed to go find where Will had started playing with the boys.

As she headed past the bullpen, she looked up at the window, seeing her boyfriend staring up at the whiteboard behind him, clearly working hard with the rest of the team.

Spencer stood in front of the whiteboard in the conference room. Hotch, Emily, JJ and Rossi were flipping through files. Penelope and Derek were looking at her computer. Since 5 AM, the team had been in the conference room, trying to figure out where Marco would keep all of the un-hackable information about his associates.

As Spencer stared at the whiteboard, - his brain racing at ungodly speeds - he felt his phone buzzing in his pocket. He assumed that Y/N was texting him, but when he noticed an unknown number trying to call him, he quietly left the room, feeling someone watching him.

He stood outside the conference room, his phone against his ear. The voice on the other end of the phone call was concerned, clearly wanting to get the situation over and done with. After 2 minutes of apologising, - both on his end and the end of the other person - the call ended, leaving Spencer walking back into the conference room. He was clearly worried as he walked inside, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Everything okay, Spence?" JJ asked as she looked up from the file in her hands.

"No. That was the Las Vegas police. I guess they found my mom wandering around a casino near her living facility. She didn't know who she was or how she got there." Spencer shook his head, exhaling.

"Is she okay now?" Emily asked.

"Yeah. They put her on the phone. She sounded normal, just obviously embarrassed, you know, by all the fuss." Spencer nodded.

"You should go." Hotch insisted.

"I can't do that. We're right in the middle...I- I can't go to Vegas knowing that Y/N and Carter are in danger." Spencer shook his head.