I stared at it, imaging Donna in it. It had a few a sequence patterns that I wasn't too thrilled about. So with that being said....

"No. It's kinda ugly, plus it's too loose. Donna likes things fitted to her body, so nothing too flow-y."

She nodded, clicking her tongue. "In to the next then."

We searched and searched and searched and I thought all was lost until.....

I grabbed Reggie's shoulder and pointed in a window display. "That. I like that." I said staring at the pretty light green dress. It goes down to the feet and clings to the mannequin just enough in the hips but flows at the bottom. It has a gorgeous red flower detailing at the top.

"Let's go see if they have it." Reggie said as she walked towards the store's entrance.

I smiled and followed. "Okay."

They had it, I bought it.

"You have a nice day." The sales associate slid the bag to me with a polite smile. "You too." I smiled and took the bag.

I walked to the front where Reggie waited for me. She looked up from her phone as I got close. "You got it?"

"I got it." I raised the bag.

"Good shit. She's gonna love it." She said.

I hope so.

***

After the mall, Reggie and I split ways. I went and picked up Donna and drove us back to her house. I undid my seatbelt and took my keys out.

"You're coming in?" She asked.

"Yea." I said. "Is that okay?" I asked. It needs to be okay. I have plans!

"Yea, I just didn't know. Come on."

We got out and went inside.

"I'm home!" Donna called out as we took off our shoes and jackets.
It's getting to be that time of year.

"In here." Ms Saint's voice called from the living room.

We walked down the hall and saw Ms Saint on the couch with basket of clothes on the floor by her feet. Folded laundry sat on the couch next to her. She grabbed a child sized shirt out the basket and folded it, her eyes glued to jeopardy playing on the tv.

"Hey, grandma." Donna greeted, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Hi, sweetheart. Hello, Thalia." Ms Saint smiled at me.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"Ppssssssst!"

I looked over my shoulder and saw Donny at the dining room table. I chuckled and walked over.

"What's up?" We fist bumped.

"Nothing. Doin math." He said.

"Good. You're so intelligent though this is probably light work for you." I said.

"Facts." He grinned. "But hey I wanted to build the set you got me for my birthday with you. It's only right you help." He nodded.