13.

Isn't it a glorious morning!

I woke up, fully energized. The birds chirped outside my window and the sun seemed especially sunny today. I took a great shower, listened to some tunes, had a little concert. I got out moisturized and headed to my room in my fluffy pink robe.

"Hey, what's up." I smiled at Lake as I passed her on the way back to my room.

"Uh.... Hey?" She said, her brows furrowed as her nostril flared back, looking at me like I was crazy.

I chuckled at her face. "You're so funny," I said as I tapped her shoulder and then went in my room. I played more music and got dressed. I put my hair in a low bun to let it air dry and thicken up. I'll worry about the knots later.

I put on a fitted grey athletics shirt that made my arms look nice and fitted up to my neck line. I put on black cotton basketball shorts, my Military black Jordan 4s, with white socks. I put on my watch and a necklace. I turned off my music, grabbed my book bag and headed downstairs.

I noticed my dad heading out the door which was unusual because he always left around the same time as us. "Hey, dad, leaving early?" I asked.

He looked over at me with his brows raised. "Ahhh.... Yea. I have a meeting in the city so I gotta leave a little earlier." He explained. I nodded, "Cool, have fun." I smiled and jabbed him in the shoulder

"Uh... yea. I- I will." He said as he eyed me before leaving the house.

My sister and brother sat at the table eating oatmeal and fruit. I tickled both, poking my fingers in their neck and stomach making them jerk dramatically and laugh.

I smiled at them and went in the kitchen. "Hey, mom." I said, kissing her cheek and then going to grab the cereal out the pantry and milk from the fridge.

I came back and saw her staring at me as soon as I walked out. I chuckled, "What?" I said as I plopped the box against the counter. I grabbed the milk, placed it by the box . Then I went to the cabinet to grab a bowel. Lake walked in.

"Oh, hey, you want cereal?" I asked and already started grabbing her things before she answered. "Oh by the way that movie you want to see is coming out this weekend if you still wanna go." I pushed the drawer closed and turned around, freezing when I saw them staring at me like I'd grown an extra head.

"What?!" I said now in confusion, my smile faltering a bit.

"What's wrong with you!" Lake yelled. "You're being weird. I Don't want your cereal, I'll eat at school." She said as she eyed me before walking out the kitchen mumbling,

"Freak."

"Mommy what's a freak?" Bri yelled in from the dining room making mom sighed heavily. I chuckled softly as I poured my cereal and milk.

"Ask google," she said back as she approached me. "Honey, you Okay?" She asked in concern as she reached up and held the back of her fingers against my forehead.

"What is wrong with you guys?" I said through a little laugh as I pushed her hand away. "I'm fine. I'm actually having a good morning. You guys are being the weird ones." I said, digging my spoon into my Lucky Charms. I swished the milk around before taking a big bite.

She nodded. "Yea.... You're right, sorry." She said, smiling at me before backing off. "You're just not a morning person so it's a little surprised seeing you so preppy."

"Plus you aren't trying to kill, yell at, or make Lake walk to school so, there's that too." She said casually as she went back to making her morning coffee.

I shrugged. "She's not so bad." I smiled.

My mom froze a little. She laughed loud a fake. "Righhtttt." She said, eyeing me as she left the room.