20.

AN: very unedited

I woke up to hard rain spraying against the windows. Thunder  lapping in the sky, rattling the house. Donna laid behind me, pressed against my bare back. Her cheek squished against my shoulder as she slept finally. She never really went to sleep last night. She moved around a lot and watched tv. She's fall in and out of sleep but never stayed. Her tv is even still on, but I'd muted it when I woke up to find her sleep.

I got up carefully and grabbed my phone just to check the time. I always wake up before my alarm. It's about an hour before it goes off so I put it back down and turned over. I smiled and scooted down a little and laid on her bare chest. My smile spread across my face as I nuzzled my face into her warm boobs and wrapped my arms around her.

She hummed as she shifted, putting her arm under my head. I felt her fingers start to stroke through my hair slow and soft.

"Thalia." Came her hushed voice.

I hummed as I felt sleep wash over me. My eyes getting heavy.

"I'm not going today. I can't do it." She muttered.

Her words sunk in for a bit before I opened my eyes and looked up at her. "You okay?" I asked gently, letting my thumb stroke her stomach.

She smiled with her eyes still closed. "Mhm, I'm just- I'm tired." She murmured.

I nodded in understanding. "I know. So you want me to just come back later or just let you have the day?" I asked. Her eyes fluttered open as she rolled onto her shoulder, coming face to face with me. Her tired brown eyes stared back at me.

"Why do you keep trying to leave me?" She said. I laughed softly. "I'm not." I said, the pitch of my voice rising in defense.

"You are. You tried it last night and you tried it now. You don't wanna stay with me?" She said in a soft voice and a small pout. She put her thigh over my hip and then rolled over on top of me.

"Yes I do but I have school." I said watching her pull the covers to our shoulders before getting comfortable on top of me.

"I have school too," she said. "Come on, Thali, skip with me." She whined out as she gently rocked our bodies for a second. She suddenly popped up with a grin.

"I have weed. Aren't you like this big weed smoker now?" She said as she condescendingly narrowed her eyes at me, moving her head from side to side sassily. "Sure am." I said back with a little smile.

Her face dropped as she narrowed her eyes at me for real in annoyance. "You're annoying. Fine, go to math. Have fun with Kasey and Claire." She said as she moved off me and threw her body down into the cover..... facing away for me.

My jaw dropped as I laughed out. I looked at the space in the bed between us and then up at her silent and still body. She can't be serious.

I sighed softly as I pushed the covers off me and got out her bed. "You're crazy," I muttered as I grabbed a random shirt off the floor and went to the bathroom. I peed and washed my hands before going back to her room.

As I eased the door open I saw her on the bed on her stomach, with my shirt on now. She had her phone up to her ear as she kicked her feet. "Yea.... I'm bored" I heard her say as I headed to her bed.