12.

*unedited againnnnnn*

Leah sat a warm cup of tea in front of me, steam gently wafted from the cup letting me know not touch it. She sat next to me and placed a mug on the table mat there.

"So?" She said.

I chuckled. "So...."

She rolled her eyes. "You're so annoying. You pop up unannounced and don't got shit to say?" She said with her palm flipped out in confusion.

"Okay, okay. I just came to see you." I shrugged. "I can't visit my big sister?" I asked.

"I guess." She said said with a soft smile. "Fine, mom talks shit about y'all all the time anyway. I have plenty to ask." She laughed making my jaw drop.

"Wait, what?!" I said appalled.

She laughed. "Why are you surprised? I'm her favorite." She said making my face drop. Alright too far. "You wish. Mom loves me wayyyy more than she loves you."

"You might be a distant second, sure." She nodded in agreement with herself. I rolled my eyes at her. "Yea, whatever. I'll let you and your delusions be." I said making her chuckle.

She grabbed her spoon sitting in the heat of her mug and gently stirred her tea making a little whirlpool. "How's school?" She asked.

I sighed heavily. "Everyday I hate it more and more. I can't wait to graduate." I said in exhaustion and this school year had barely even started.

She nodded in understanding. "I remember feeling the same way. You'll get through it and soon you'll look up and be at graduation then summer will be over and you'll be at college. So just enjoy yourself and the last moments of being a kid." She said.

I laughed at her. "Well look at you sounding all adult. You sound like every other teacher and parent."

She shrugged and squished her lips into a thin line. "Well it's the truth, I guess." She said. "And have you figured out school?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Well I'm looking for a full ride through track so whatever options track gives me, I'll take."

She hummed as she sipped her tea off her spoon before digging the spoon back in. "Any thought to a Major?"

I puffed out my cheeks. "No. I just want to run I think. I'll figure it out later." I waved it off.

"Well later is coming Thalia. You can always go undecided but it's still nice to have an idea." She said and then smirked, "So nowwwww I want to hear about this girlfriend.... Donnaaaa." She sang making me laugh.

"When did it happen and why didn't I hear about it first?" She asked.

I sighed heavily, where do I even start. With the truth? Or the made up truth? The lie.

"Um Well Apparently it started when I was five." I said making her furrow her brows. "Elaborate please." She said as she sat her spoon to the side and cupped her hands around her mug.

"Well I guess she was my friend before Claire was. Well..... best friend." I muttered guilty as I tugged at my sleeve.

She hummed in thought. "Yea..... I remember another girl coming around a lot before Claire did. She was sweet, but you...." She laughed. "You used to hang off every little word she would say. She was a bossy little thing but your dynamic worked. You made her laugh and she just bossed you around and made up games for you guys to play." She said, I listened to every word leaving her mouth. The past made me guilty but hearing about it sometimes made me happy. It made me think what if....