6.

Friday

I walked into the house fresh off a run. Sweaty and breathing heavy. I was out of school, already grabbed all the kids, and dropped Donna at work. She told me Leo would bring her to Reggie's party along with Leo and Holland but I had to take her which I never really minded any more. UI invited Claire and of course she asked to bring Emily, so the happy couple will be there. I invited a few girls from the basketball team that Reggie hangs with. That's it. Oh and Jenna is coming apparently.

I walked to the kitchen, going straight for the fridge. Lake sat at the island eating a bag of chips while she scrolled idly on her phone. My mom walked in after me.

"How was your run?" She asked as she went through the stack of mail my dad left for her on the counter.

I gulped down a few sips of water and smiled. "Really good. I can't wait to get this season done with. We have conditioning again on Wednesday and then we'll be back out on the track for a few months. Scouts are coming and then Im done." I said excitedly.

"No indoor this year?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I don't know. I think I kinda just wanna chill out this year." I said. I've been building my stats my entire high school career. I deserve a little break until I dominate in college.

"Okay, whatever you think is best. You're about to be an adult now and I want you to feel comfortable and confident in really making your own decisions." She said.

Lake scoffed. "That's a little hypocritical. You told me to change my shoes yesterday because you said they didn't match my outfit." She said with a faux glare on her face.

My mother faced Lake with an annoyed look. "It didn't match." She shrugged. "Are you about to be an adult?" She asked.

Lake shrugged. "Yea, give or take some years." She said.

"Yes, let's say..... hm..... 4 years maybe......give or take that is," my mother said making me laugh. "Until then, until you turn seventeen, I will be helping you make your decisions. I will slowly pull back and give you your freedom but you are still a kid, baby. I'm sorry to break it to you."

Lake rolled her eyes. "Lady, I'm grown." She stated.

"Oh yea? Well you can be grown out this house, how about that? Leah is barely grown herself and she hasn't lived here in 3 years." My mother pouted. "I miss my baby." She sighed.

"What time is everybody clearing out the house?" I asked.

"For what?" My mother asked.

"We made an agreement. Donna will meet you in exchange I have Reggie's get together."

She sighed. "I did say that huh?" She looked at Lake. "Do you want to go to Riley's for the night?" She asked.

"Hell yeah!" Lake got up, snatched the bag of chips. "I got some calls to make, excuse me family." She said excusing herself as she left the room.

She's ridiculous.

"Okay. Lake's out the house. And thennn I supposed your dad and I can take the twins out for a movie and maybe dinner." She said.

"Lake might want to go to the movies." I said, drinking down my water more.

My mom shook her head. "No. If I learned one thing from parenting, it's to take not take different age groups to the movies. Nobody is ever happy. So I'll let her do her thing. If she wants to go, I'll give her money." She stated.

"Oh, okay. Great. I told everybody to come at like 10:30. We'll be done close to one. Is that okay?" I asked.

She hummed in thought. "Have everybody out and have the house cleaned by one." She ordered.