|Solid Man |

Ace

When we were walking inside the cabin Tyla tried to quickly go to her room. "Na, you and ma need to stay  down here for a second, and help me understand what's going on?"

"He said it...I'm pregnant." She lifted her sweater and revealed a very round stomach.

"Tyla you are only seventeen years old, you suppose to be starting college this summer. The fuck you gon do with a baby?" I looked over at my mom. "Why is this even something to keep from me?"

"She didn't want you to know she was even sexually active..."

"Tyla, you can't speak for yourself, you always have a lot to say any other time."

"She said it, what little sisters wants her brother knowing she isn't a virgin? I also wanted to avoid the look of disappointment Im getting right now."

"I am disappointed because we had too many safe sex conversations to help prevent this. You should of been more careful."

"I'm going to put her up for adoption."

My mom looked at her. "Her, you found out the gender?"

"Yes, and I didn't wanna tell you because I don't want you even getting attached."

"It's my first grand baby Tyla and maybe the only one I'll ever..." she caught her tongue.

"You'll ever what? Get the opportunity to have because I'm gay?"

"That's not at all what I was going to say son, you know I'd never say anything like that."

"Then what?" The secret stares and cutting off of sentences was confusing me.

"Baby, maybe let yourself calm down for a second." Trouble places a hand on my back.

"I'm having a conversation with my mom and sister, you can go to bed...Imma be up."

Trouble just kissed my cheek and went upstairs like mostly everyone m, except Zhi and Ma Shila.

My mom stood in front of me and took a deep breath. She then took off her wig and I noticed her hair was thinning. She had wet wipes in her purse she wiped off her eyebrows which were hardly there.
"Ma...what is this?"

Tyla walked over to Ma Shila and she wrapped her arms around her.

My mom reached for my hands. It was then I noticed her health had declined. Why hadn't I noticed before. She looks different. She was fragile, she had lost weight. "Son..two years ago I was diagnosed with cervical cancer.

I pulled away. "What?"

"I have cancer,"

Someone had shot me, I was suffering from a major shot to the chest, the bullet did go straight through me, it just sat in my heart. "So, we have to get you the best doctors money can buy, I don't care what it cost. We will fly you anywhere you need to go..."

"Son,"

"I will move back into the house,"

"Son,"

"What?" I caught my quivering lip between my teeth.

"I'm almost entering into stage four, by the time I went, it was already aggressive and it's continuing to spread rapidly."

"Why did you keep this from me ma? Why all the secrets? I wanna spend as much time with you as God will allow me. I don't wanna receive a phone call one day my mom died of cancer and I didn't even know she had it." She placed her hand on my cheek.

"I didn't know how, you and Zhi were having such a tough time..."

My eyes drifted to Zhi and he mouthed. "I'm so sorry.."