| Ghost |

Carter

In just a month my mom and I would be taking a trip to Paris and I wanted to be excited but I would miss Trouble, unfortunately we both wouldn't be able to take off from work, when so many things needed to be done. Plus, he felt my mom and I should take advantage of this time to spend together. He wasn't wrong. He was looking over a young customers update prosthetic leg. Whenever children were involved, it was personal for him. He was just one of those people born with a huge heart, Trouble was a lover. "Would you like me to order lunch today?"

"Yeah, get whatever." He didn't look up from the computer."

One perk about our job is that have a restaurant built inside and they serve incredible food. I walked to the restaurant to place in order for us. I took a seat at a table while I waited on the food. The chef Evan walked up and tapped the bell. "Afternoon Carter,"

I smiled getting up from the table to get the food. "Hey Evan, smells good in here today."

"Looks good in here too." He pushed my food towards me."

"Right," I picked up the food.

"I'm just playing Carter, you still up for coming by and helping me decorate my new place? I haven't really heard from you."

"Well, I'm dating Tr...Devon now."

"Well, we are just friends, nothing has ever happened between us. I mean bring him too, I could just really use your help."

"I'll let you know." I turned to leave.

*************************************

Trouble

"The chef?" I asked while we sat in the tub.

"Yes,"

"Y'all were pretty close at one point, I ain't haven't heard anything. I don't see how much of a friendship that is."

"I have been busy, with us and life. He helped me out a lot when I was homeless."

"I mean I hangout with Maze and Kurt, if he just your friend then it's cool with me. I don't wanna come across controlling."

"And I didn't want to tell him yes before running it by you, just want to continue to be open and honest. It's been working good for us."

"I agree. I spoke with Rylon today..."

"Oh, the big boss."

"Yeah, and um...I'm being promoted."

"Trouble, that's amazing, I'm so proud of you. You are the best thing that company has ever seen. They better have prompted you." I kissed his back. He was sitting in front of me in the tub.

"Thank you..."

"When will it be announced?"

"Not sure but he wanted to give me a heads up and I'm grateful. I wanna move you into a house, so you can start your lil garden, like what you said your grandma had." He traces circles around my thighs.

"What are you so sweet?"

He shrugged. "It's just nice to finally get back the energy you put out, it feels good to know someone wants your happiness as much as you want theirs."

I wrapped my arms around him. "I know exactly what you mean."

After our bath we sat down on the floor in the living room and played Mancala, Dominoes, and connect four. I was kicking Troubles butt. Trouble made us some baked chicken with rice, greens beans and rolls. I went back for seconds because he really a beast in that kitchen.