"If you're not her...if you haven't dreamed about the remnants of our past memories even for once then I will give you, your past back with the same fervor I took it and will step into your life in a new light where you don't know what kind of a nightmare I am but if you ever dreamed of us even once you are fated to live as long as I do." 

He leaned down with his eyes closed and kissed her cheek, her closed eyes, the tip of her nose, her forehead, her chin, her lips. He smooched all over her face while cupping her face. He leaned his forehead against hers and sighed, his hands traveling down from her cheeks to her neck, the grip was tight but wasn't tight enough to choke her.

"Wake up, so I can hate you more."

**********

"What happened to my wife?" Jasper snapped. A deep frown settled on his face. He was here for the ceremony, not to get his arm and leg broken and for his good-for-nothing wife to be dead on the bed out of nowhere. Fiona looked at Jasper and then at Ragnar. An intense tension in the room had her hands clenching and unclenching.

"One of the guards saw her falling down the stairs in the middle of the night. It could be that she tripped over in the darkness." Fiona answered his question, the look in Ragnar's eyes was clearly yelling that he wasn't even in a mood to spout out a word from his mouth. Fiona knew the real cause, she was the one who treated Sasha along with a physician.

That girl really went rough on herself.

"She fell out of nowhere? She was here with me last night, how come she was roaming around the castle and tripping over?" Jasper grew angrier and Fiona grew tenser. "Once, she wakes up. We will know about that. Please, calm down." Fiona said and settled down beside Jasper, trying to ease the situation by caressing his arm.

Her eyes darted to Ragnar who was silently standing in front of the bed.

"What about the troop of yours that is waiting outside my kingdom?" Jasper asked.

"If you have written the letter, send any of your men back to the kingdom with the letter. That would suffice." Ragnar said in a monotonous tone.

"I have," Jasper stated.

"Then I'll call your men here," Ragnar said and with that, he left the room.

"How is Sasha?" Jasper asked, turning his head towards Fiona. "She's alright. Not in a bad or a good condition." Fiona answered and a 'tsk' escaped his lips.

"I better leave as soon as possible." He grumbled, thinking about the fucked-up fate this kingdom held for him. Worse after worse scenarios have been happening ever since he stepped here. Leaving this cursed place as soon as possible was his main intention now.

*********

Taking a few drops of lotion in their palm, the old hands took the young one in their hold and massaged the lotion on the softness of the young yet lifeless hand.

The old lady sniffed up her tears as she applied lotion on Sasha's hand who was lying on the bed, in the same position Ragnar left her. Stuffed in the warmth of the blanket yet the face was as pale as ice. 

When she woke up from her extra deep slumber, her body was aching all over. Before she could even process the reason behind her sore body, the news of Sasha's condition fell on her ears.

The old lady didn't remember the torment of last night.

According to her it never happened.

It was left a secret within the predator and his prey.

The bandages beneath Sasha's dress weren't convincing her by the tale that the people of the castle told her but the sad thing was, all the old lady could think of was her running in corridors trying to get away from her tormentor who was never there.

Sasha was now nothing but a mentally ill person in the eyes of the old lady.

On the other hand, Sasha began to come back to her haunting present. Oh, how so badly she wanted to remain in the same darkness forever with the feeling of no existence.

Her gaze fluttered open and fell upon a familiar yet unfamiliar ceiling. She wasn't aware where she was, in the present or the past or in which room she was. All she ever was familiar with was the golden ceiling of her Walton's kingdom room. 

Her numb body was suddenly feeling pain.

Her skin almost resembled his pale one, she had dark circles under her eyes and she looked like she was onto some illegal medicines.

Her blank eyes darted to the old lady sitting beside her. She still wasn't aware of anything, her mind was blank just like her gaze. She stared at the old lady as she gently applied lotion on her hands and arms.

Her eyes left the wrinkly figure and roamed around the posh and royal room she was in. Where was she? What time was it? Why was her body aching? Her eyes paused on the window and she stared at it for the longest of times before her pupils slowly began to dilate.

The realization of her wrecked kingdom fell on her like a fresh trauma inflicted on her just yesterday. The realization of her helplessness fell on her. The realization of her fallen self doomed her. Her heartbeat took a sudden pace which was faster than a horse running in a war.

She slowly remembered everything, including yesterday.

The worst realization that doomed her and rattled her whole existence was her still being alive.

She abruptly sat up on the bed despite the extreme pain that shot through her body. Her action made the granny flinch as she stared at Sasha as if she had seen a ghost. Not even a wince escaped her lips, the mental pain she was going through at the moment was undeniable. She could feel where she was having cuts. Her abdomen, her right thigh, and her right arm but it didn't pain much as compared to her heart which was in the agony of her unwanted survival.

"Granny..." Her voice came out cracked and hoarse.

'You are alive.' 

"Oh my dear lord, thank God." The granny jumped on her, making her yelp in pain. The old lady immediately got away from her, concerned kissing her face. 

"What happened to you?" She asked and Sasha slightly turned her face away.

"I don't remember." The lies that used to stutter out of her teeth were now spilling out of her mouth smoother than the butter.

Before the granny could ask anything further, Sasha decided to change the topic.

"Let's talk about this later, I'm so hungry right now." 

"Oh, right. You must be so hungry. I'll bring something for you to eat right away and then you also need your medicine." The old lady pressed a kiss on Sasha's forehead making the drained adult close her eyes after receiving that soft affection.

She immediately sprinted away to get her food and Sasha huffed a deep sigh. 

If she couldn't die, what could she do?

Live with this fear forever?

Acceptance was not there for him, and never would be.

Then was revenge the answer?

Revenge.

Her blade which she was so proud of was crushed in less than a second by him...her huge kingdom came rattling down and all he did was sit on the throne and flip his fingers around.

If none of the above answers were satisfying enough for her heart then what was?