Chapter 8

Sitting on the bed, still dressed in the wedding gown, Sasha was waiting for Jasper. He would've been here with her but since a few guests were to leave early, he went off to greet them away. He asked her if she wanted to come along but she refused, she was too tired to roam around the castle in this dress.

With a deep sigh, she looked around her new room.

It was one of the biggest rooms in the castle which now belonged to her and Jasper.

The newly wedded couple.

The room was surrounded by candles that were enlightening the room, giving it a decorative look. A pleasant scent was coming out of those candles making her a little sleepy. The room had almost five windows with huge curtains drawn over them.

She yawned and leaned back against the headboard of the bed. She decided to rest her eyes for a while but as soon as she closed her eyes a sound of knock had her jolted up. She looked towards the door wondering who it was but when she heard the sound of knocking again her pupils dilated in shock.

It wasn't the door.

It was the window.

Sasha's eyes widened, her pupils ran over every single window and the noise was coming from the one right in front of her. A shudder ran down her spine when she realized that there was no floor to stand on behind that window.

*Knock* *knock*

A whimper died down on her lips.

She immediately scooted back, pressing her body to the headboard as much as she could.

The loud noise of the wind had her heart rattling followed by knocking.

*Knock* *knock*

Sasha shrieked and jumped off the bed, almost tripping and falling down face-first because of that huge dress of hers. She grabbed her gown in a fist and dashed towards the door. She abruptly opened the door with force and as soon as she stepped out, she halted on her steps.

The pathway looked even more dreadful.

There was not a single soul around the area and the dimly lit lamps were of barely any use. She took a deep breath and stepped back into the room, closing the door. She slowly turned around and looked all over the room before slowly ambling up to the bed.

The knocking has died down.

The wind has calmed down as well.

She slowly sat down on the edge of the bed and stared at the window through her lashes. When no sound of knocking came for a while, she stood up and slowly walked up to that window.

With a deep breath, she raised her sweaty hands and abruptly drew the curtains away from the window. Her heartbeat instantly started to calm down when she found no one standing there. She decided to open the window and look around but little did she know that was a very wrong move from her side.

As soon as she opened the window, a harsh gust of wind slapped her whole, making her stumble back. All the candles were blown out and the room instantly fell into darkness. The only source of light was the dim moonlight that was coming through the open window along with the chilly wind.

All the other windows were slightly rattling.

Sasha covered her eyes with her arm and turned around with a hiss when some dirt got into her eyes. The wind definitely calmed down. It was like as if it was waiting for her to open the window and that knocking was definitely not because of the window. There was someone knocking the window.

All of these abnormal pheromones only screamed one thing and it terrified her.

Before she could turn around to close the window, it felt like the window suddenly got blocked by something. She slowly lowered her arm and her eyes widened when she saw a huge shadow cascading on the wall because of the moonlight. Her wide eyes stared at the shadow. It was not her shadow...it was the shadow of the one standing behind her.