Chapter 10

All the higher up royals of the kingdom immediately settled down in the hall to discuss the matter after the bodies were taken away for an examination.

There were no injuries on the bodies. They just looked pale and all of them had those weird holes in their necks.

A death pattern familiar to those that happened in ancient times.

Everyone was tense.

"I'm afraid, it's them." One of the oldest higher up in them spoke up. He was an old man with a long white beard. "Them, who?" Jasper asked, he was sitting on his throne with a frown on his face. Everyone in the hall knew who the old man was talking about except the king himself.

"Those blood-sucking monsters that our ancestors had to deal with." The old man stated and Jasper's eyes widened. He immediately understood who the old man was talking about.

"Vampires?" Jasper asked and all the heads nodded in sync.

Everyone became even more tense.

"I don't like to bring this up but I have to." Another middle-aged man spoke up, gaining everyone's attention. "The mysterious fall of the Walton kingdom could be related to them. Everyone who came here, when asked what was the cause of their fall...all of them had different answers but the terrified look on their faces were all the same." The middle-aged man disclosed the situation and everyone was left shocked.

"We ended most of them, the remaining ones hid themselves in the shadows of the night. If they are the cause of the fall of Walton Kingdom and if they are here, then it only means one thing that this time they are ready to destroy mankind." The old man said, his voice wavering at the end of the sentence.

"If they are here then that means...we are on their target." Jasper said while rubbing his chin. "Though, isn't it quite suspicious? Princess Sasha didn't tell anyone about this. Her people's statements were different as well." The middle-aged man retorted, making everyone think about everything from the beginning.

"That child must be scared and why does it look like you're accusing her? She even wanted to go back to her kingdom." The old man said and the middle aged man shook his head with a scoff.

"Scared to tell the truth? Let me tell you one thing...princess Sasha was a leader of one of her father's defense units." The middle-aged man disclosed another secret and all of their jaws slacked.

Jasper's gaze narrowed on the middle-aged man.

"If you knew all of this, why didn't you disclose it to us earlier?" Jasper asked and the middle-aged man shook his head. "My king, I thought telling you all of this was of no use. Her kingdom was gone and she was to marry you." He said and Jasper's jaw ticked.

He started to ponder on the situation and everything began to seem suspicious.

"I'm afraid, if what you said is true then they either did this as a war bell or they are behind princess Sasha because she survived." The old man said and Jasper stood up from his throne in frustration.

"War bell? Where are they even? In hiding? Behind Sasha? What do they want from her?" Jasper asked.

"If they can destroy Walton kingdom then we are no exception but I believe princess Sasha might hold answers to all of your questions." The old man said and Jasper harshly ordered the guard to bring Sasha to the hall.

*******

"I told you...I told you to let me tell them the truth." Sasha seethed, pointing at her granny  while pacing around the room. Panic was written on her features. 

"If you have told them everything, they have kicked us out." The old granny said rather calmly. "No, I would have at least let them know about their huge existence that destroyed my kingdom. Why would they kick us out on that?" Sasha grumbled. She was angry at herself and then at her granny.

But than again if Jasper knew Sasha's kingdom was taken over by vampires, he wouldn't have married her. He would either have thrown her and her people out or have kept them without marrying Sasha. The second one seemed better for both her and her people.

"That won't change anything. He is not behind this kingdom, he is behind you Sasha. Even if you have told them about their existence, they can do nothing about it because we don't know where they are. Even...Even if you have told them about the tale of the fall of your kingdom, it wouldn't stop the monster that's behind you." The granny said, keeping her tone soft.

"I know, as long as he knows where I am...he will come there. I also remember that I told you that I'm going away in the hiding. I told my people that I'm going back to the kingdom when in reality I was just running away because I didn't want that monster to destroy the hand that held onto me even if that hand was selfish." Sasha declared breathlessly. She was on the verge of losing her mind. 

"You let me go as well but once you came to know that Jasper proposed to me, you became selfish." Sasha said angrily. Her jaw clenched.

"Because I saw hope, I saw him saving you from that monster." The old granny said while walking up to Sasha as she stopped the girl from pacing around the room and grabbed her shoulders, trying to calm her
down.

Sasha wouldn't blame the old lady for thinking that because she also thought marrying Jasper would save her from that monster.

Sasha shook her head.

"No one can save me from that crazy lunatic." She said helplessly, tears blurring her sight.

"I bet he did this, because he didn't want Jasper to touch me. Do you see how crazy he is? There might be another reason he did this, it could be war." Sasha said and pulled out of grannies hold.

"I will tell them what happened to us and that they might be coming here for war. We might not win against them but we will be able to finish most of them." Sasha said and walked up to the door.

"So, you will tell them that he is coming for you?" The old granny asked, making Sasha pause as she turned her face to the right side. "No, they are coming here for war." Sasha said and the grannies eyes widened as she hurried up to Sasha and grabbed her arm.

Somehow, the granny knew what she was up to.

"What if they are really here for you and not for war?" The old granny asked and Sasha took a deep breath before speaking.

"Why do you worry so much now? You should have let me run away before. Now, it's too late." Sasha said.

"We really thought this marriage could save us." She said and pulled her arm out of her grip before opening the door and walking out of the room while saying.

"Seriously, how delusional of us."

On her way to the hall, she met a guard who was already coming her way.

Since they were calling her, Sasha knew they were already suspicious of them.

There was nothing to hide.