Chapter 42

A sigh of relief left Sasha's lips when she didn't see Ragnar around. She laid there for a while until granny came into her room with a maid. Both of them helped her to clean herself and got her dressed in a teal color gown. They dressed her hair up in a half up ponytail and let the other half of her hair down.

After that Sasha quietly had her breakfast with her granny. Today, she decided to stroll around the castle while the morning light was still freshly falling on the haunting Mansion.

She told her granny that she would be around the castle. The granny seemed to worry about her but Sasha assured her that she would be fine on her own.

Around Eleven in the morning, she left her room and strolled around the castle while humming a lullaby. She had thought a lot about it, living in the four walls of the room from morning to night without doing anything and just sitting on the couch blankly would not help her.

She has already wasted two years of her life with this attitude. She needed to do something about this. The loss has been done, the trauma has been given and all of it was rooted deep within her. They could never go away, now they were a part of her.

She must move on with them.

She needed to do something about her life.

She needed to find herself a purpose again.

She walked around the castle, looking at the ancient walls, paintings and furniture, feeling slightly intrigued by them. This castle that looked nothing less than a ghost territory at night was telling her another story in the daylight. Sasha paused in front of a huge frame attached to the wall. It caught her attention for some odd reason. It didn't stand out much yet she paused in front of it and stared at it as if it was the most beautiful among them all.

It really was in her eyes.

It looked familiar.

It resembled the night sky filled with stars that she had in her dream two years ago, in which she was with an unknown stranger who seemed like her lover because of the warmth his body was giving off. But Sasha clearly didn't remember that dream. She only knew that it looked familiar.

She stepped forward wanting to touch the painting because of the sudden urge that grew inside her. But as soon as she touched the painting a clack noise fell on her ears and the wall area on which the frame was hung moved back.

She flinched and immediately stepped back, abruptly looking here and there to see if anyone saw her but there was no one in the corridor. She threw one last look around her before staring at the wall which now was half opened like a door.

She swallowed thickly and stepped towards the door, sticking her neck inside the gap, her eyes roamed around the area. A thin path was lit with sconces on either side of the wall. It looked dangerous but something was telling her to move forward yet she was hesitant.

The sound of footsteps had her jolting and without thinking much she stepped inside. The sound of the door closing behind her had a shiver running down her spine as she stared ahead of herself.

Scared to see even more of the traumatizing scenery which she thought this path might lead her to.

Nevertheless, she hesitantly made her way through the path and soon came across a door. Her hands were sweating and they were slightly trembling when she opened the door and it opened with a loud 'creak' sound.

She hoped that the guards passing by didn't hear it.

Stepping inside the heavily candle lighted room, Sasha looked around and her pupils dilated and jaw slacked, almost landing on the floor upon witnessing the frames that hung around the walls of the huge hall. All of them, each one of them had her painted on it.