🦋O N E🦋

Numb

Numb.
It's hazy.
It's muffled.
Fuck, what is he talking about?

"Oh you have a beautiful new toy, Jeon"

Laughter.
Shimmering teeth. Big cigars.
Grey hair.

"I bet she's tight as fuck."

Mumbles.
Careful whispers.
More laughter.

A hand comes to squeeze my waist from my side and I yelp quietly in my place before looking down at who touched me.

Fuck, did I again slip into that numb state? I've been doing this to ease my pain ever since I got in this nasty place. It has become a learned habit to me. And it's new, so unlikely of my old self.

"I'm lucky to have her," his dark deep voice says and I look at him on my side.

I finally recollect my thoughts.

We're at a party. Some party I know nothing about. I'm just here to be the shining jewel of his. That's what he calls me. His jewel. And that's exactly how he owns me.

I stick to his side all these nights of parties as his friends of same age as his looks at me with their dirty gaze like they want to tear my clothes and have their way with my body.

The male gaze. The pervert gaze. I hate men.

Though I stand here with one who owns me, at least that's what he claims. I'm not here willingly. He has bought me.

Yes, I was auctioned to him. I was sold for almost 2 million dollars. To him.

Jeon Young Soo.

He's one of the great bosses of underground illegal business lineage. Almost all of the illegal business goes under him. He's filthy rich and even at the age of fifty five, he's considerably fit.

But he's not what a woman asks in a man. If I have to describe him in one word, I'd probably say 'Beast'.

He smiles at me. A smile that lacks warmth, love, care or anything. It shows dominance and warning. It's a smile that signals me to smile back at him otherwise the consequences will leave me with bruised body. Quite literally.

I gulp before I turn my lips upwards. I smile. Like a doll following her master's command. The smile doesn't reach my eyes, it's just there, plastered like some drawing.

"When did you get engaged though?" the man with a stomach so big asks as he is standing in front of us.

"Last week," Young Soo answers and squeezes my waist again, painfully but I don't flinch. I notice that my smile disappeared almost the second he turned to talk to the old big man, so I smile again. Show them just how happy I am. I bet they know what tendencies he actually has.

Endure.
It'll be over soon.

"Aw beautiful."

There's neither 'aw' nor 'beautiful' in this. If you could see what I hide behind my dainty black satin gloves and long black gown, you'll know just how ugly this is. Just how ugly he is.