Chapter 18

"Oh, that's wonderful!" Mother Xia beamed. "I can tell the two of you are very popular with the girls, unlike our Xia Chuan. He's got a no good brain and a no good mouth. How long has he been in college already? And he still doesn't have a girlfriend! If you see anyone suitable, can you introduce them to him?"

"Sure, we definitely will," Su Ming's voice sounded a little gnarled.

"Wait, let me make myself clear first. I only like the fair-skinned pretty type with long legs. I won't take the ones that aren't pretty." After hiding behind the wall and eavesdropping for so long, Xia Chuan finally found the right opportunity to come out.

Mother Xia scolded, "What are you saying! It's good enough any girl would even like you, how could you be picky!"

Without Xia Chuan even answering, the temperature in the living room had dropped. Looking to the sofa at his right side, he could see that Su Ming and Jiang Xuehang's faces had sunken straight down.

You guys are allowed to like someone else, but I can't even daydream about a pretty babe?! Xia Chuan was indignant. Even so, he still knew it was time to change the subject.

As the sky got darker, the arrangements for their accommodation became a problem. Jiang Xuehang had always been a good and understanding boy, so he said, "I can just stay at a hotel. There should be some nearby, right?" As soon as she heard that, Mother Xia was anxious. "How could we have a guest stay at a hotel!"

Xia Xi who was in the middle of writing had come out to forage for food and to replenish her energy. When she saw this, she interjected, "Isn't it easy? Just let the three boys squeeze into one room!"

"That..." Mother Xia was hesitant. Even though the bed in Xia Chuan's room was rather large, three would still be pushing it.

"Just let big bro sleep on the floor!" Xia Xi pointed at Xia Chuan who was desperately shaking his head. "Su Ming and Jiang Xuehang came all this way to see him, so they'll surely want to play games together or whatnot. It's more convenient for them to stay together."

"Alright then, Xia Chuan can lay out a futon." With a big wave of her hands, Mother Xia granted them permission to stay.

Xia Xi turned sideways and gave Xia Chuan a wink of success. Xia Chuan glared viciously at her, regret welling up inside of him. How could he make up that bullshit just for some fun! Now the three of them have to sleep in one room. Xia Chuan had no idea how unlucky he would be tonight.

Very soon, it was 12. Xia Chuan grabbed his pajamas and headed for the bathroom for a shower. Suddenly, Xia Xi shared a Lofter link with him for a fanfic. As soon as he opened up the link, he found that sure enough, it was slash fic of him, Su Ming, and Jiang Xuehang. Most of the 10,000-word count fic consisted of affairs relating to the bed, and both the descriptions and word choices were more explicit and colorful than the exaggerated bullshit he made up, causing even a man like him to blush. The page views had already gone over the hundreds after being published for just a short dozen minutes, and many girls with cute profile pictures were crying and begging for more. But of course, there were also a good many calling out Xia Chuan for being a scumbag.

What's with girls these days? Why are all their heads covered in this dirty stuff like Xia Xi? Xia Chuan couldn't help but worry about the future of his motherland.

But he really had to say that this piece of erotic fiction did help to satisfy his competitive spirit greatly. The scenes of him bullying Jiang Xuehang to the point where he was teary-eyed, tormenting Su Ming until he pleaded for mercy simply filled his heart. After reading the whole thing, it felt like he finally managed to clear his throat. He was completely happy and relaxed. Then, he also "liked" and "shared" the fic before putting his phone down and continuing his shower.