Author's Note

Author's Note

Can you believe it? Isang libro na lang tapos na ang Dagger Series. I posted about Dagger back in 2019. Back then, I really wasn't confident that I would have the time to write the first book, let alone finish the entire series.

I didn't plan anything with Dagger. Gusto ko lang magsulat ng libro na hindi kadugtong ng BHO CAMP. I wanted to write something that isn't committed to any deals or agreements. Because I admit that at that time I was losing my drive to write. I was physically and emotionally tired. I felt discouraged about a lot of things, but most especially about my career in writing. I wanted to stop. It took a lot for me to convince myself to keep on writing.

The first few chapters of Unwritten weren't really doing anything for me. There wasn't an instant love that I felt when I was writing His Secret Agent Pretend Wife. Then, as I pushed through, I realized it was because I was trying to write Dagger Series the same way I've written my past stories. That's when my slowburn era started, and that's when I grew to love my Dagger babies. Now I'm here, ending the seventh book of the series.

Dagger wasn't fast-paced. It wasn't jam-packed with action and mystery. It has the right balance of everything. It's lighter than most of my stories, and yet it still carries a heavy message buried along the pages of the books.

I never expected that people would love the first book and continue to fall in love with the rest that followed. I didn't expect the support that I received. But as always, my readers, the old ones and the new ones, have always exceeded my expectations.

Thank you so much for coming this far. I enjoyed writing Tiara and Domino's story. I love Domino's patience with Tiara, even though he's "every bit of a Dawson" which means hindi rin uso sa kaniya ang magbagal. I also love how Tiara didn't rush to her feelings and that she let herself feel whatever she wanted to feel, may it be good or bad.

Tiara is a representation of a child growing up in a broken family. She wasn't the first in the series, but that doesn't mean that she pushes through life like the others. Tiara was the kind of person who carried everything with her. It was like every experience she had and every feeling she felt was weaved into every fibre of her being. Some people are like that. People who grew up thinking that they were hard to love and that finding someone who would stay with them was an impossibility.

She has issues that will take time for her to resolve. Kung mapapansin niyo, may moments na parang pinaniniwalaan niya ang sinasabi ni Domino sa kaniya at tinatanggap niya iyon pero biglang may pagkakataon na bumabalik na naman siya sa umpisa. That's the reality of being a human who has the life that she had. She had spent years thinking of herself as unlovable. Even with Domino, there will be moments when she will need a reminder. Good thing for her, Domino is the kind of man who doesn't mind reminding her again and again. He's also the kind of person who loves Tiara for everything that she is.

I hope that, like Tiara, you get to find someone who will accept and love you despite and inspite. It doesn't need to be a special someone. Even your friends and family could be that for you. People who believe in you when you can't, who love you when you don't believe that you deserve it, and those that see beyond your bad days because they know the real you that is just hurting.

I hope that you find more reason to carry on, even when it's too difficult to do so. When it feels too hard to take another step, to try more, to fight another day, to take another breath. I know I found mine through my friends and through you who are reading this ♡

Thank you everyone! See you in the next book ♡

Hartuhartu,
MsButterfly